One last trip before the snow sets in.

Discussion in 'Boondocking' started by Grandpa Don, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Well-Known Member

Last March, my sons and I made a week-long camping trip to the Sierra Mountains above Oakhurst, California. It was supposed to be a summer trip, but instead we had 6 inches of snow the first night. After three days the weather turned beautiful. It was one of the best Boondocking camp-outs I have ever had. Everything worked, nothing broke, nobody got sick. I have three separate videos on YouTube showing how much fun we had. I'll post a link if anyone is interested.

My son, who lives near the area, said that there is no snow up there yet. So we are going to make one last trip. Fortunately the big Creek Fire in California did not reach that far north. The area was spared for another year. We just decided to go yesterday, so we are rushing to get the campers packed and ready to do. My Viking is pretty much ready to go at a moments notice. All I need to do is fill the water tank, check the bearings, and load a few things that I took out for cleaning weeks ago. I live on the Mojave Desert, so weather is really not much of a problem. I have A/C and a generator for the hot summer months, and a good heater for the winter months. I only do Boondocking, so out here I can camp almost anywhere at any time. I'll have more videos in a couple of weeks.

2. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

EE70A34E-86EB-4943-B305-250CDB3728C9.jpeg Lucky. We try to camp through October but November is always a no go. Love to see the vids. Post that link

Sjm9911, grandpa mikey and PopUpSteve like this.
  3. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

November and it’s barely crocs with socks season in PA

Indiobravo, zak99b5 and xxxapache like this.
  4. Grandpa Don

Okay... Here are the links:

They may not be very exciting, but have a look if you want. I won't be able to reply now for the next 10 days or so.

Don

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. gladecreekwy

332C21EE-139A-4C8D-9F06-1376CE3A0F8B.jpeg
    We call that “ September “
    ( pic from this morning)

grandpa mikey likes this.
  6. gladecreekwy

Great. Thx.

7. Grandpa Don

I just got back from the last camping trip of the season that I mentioned I was going on above. OMG! We should never have left home. I'll tell you guys all about it when I recuperate and get the video edited.