Ontario Parks Reservation site

Discussion in 'Ontario' started by real lite virgin, Jan 13, 2011.

1. real lite virgin

real lite virgin Rob,Suzanne & Jessie - Black Lab

Hello All My fellow Canadian and American Campers :)

Just letting you know that on Friday January 14th & Saturday the 15th you can access their site to set up a new user account (that`s all you can do on those 2 days)
    On Sunday January 16th you can start booking reservations they say it will be very busy so be calm and keep trying. [CP] 7am it opens.
    The web site is Ontarioparks.com
    Happy Camping Everyone.
    Suzanne [:D]

2. Techhead

Techhead New Member

Just got my email from them. [:D] Can't wait.

3. real lite virgin

Techhead
    I`m so excited ..... counting the days,minutes and seconds this will be our second season of camping and we are looking forward to visiting some new campgrounds we didn`t get to last year.
    Suzanne :)

4. NH-popper

NH-popper Boldly going camping!

How long a drive would you Ontario campers consider too long for a camping trip? I ask because I'm doing a rally at Lake Umbagog in Errol, NH, which is 3 1/2 hours from Montreal QC, 6 from Ottawa, and 10 hours from Toronto (assuming a 1/2 hour to cross the border).

EDIT - I've also learned that depending on where you live, the definition of "a long drive" changes! :) I've met a lot of New Englanders that think two hours is a long drive, which is nothing to me, since I grew up in upstate NY...

5. JamesRL

JamesRL New Member

To be honest, for a weekend 4 hours each way is the extent to which I will tow.

Before I bought the PUP, I did rent a cottage on Prince Edward Island. That was a total of 14 hours driving, I did it over two days, a motel stay in between.

And border crossings can vary widely, at the wrong times it can be 2 hours.

I'd happily do upstate NY, somewhere in northern PA or Michigan.

6. reidsd

reidsd Kelowna, B.C.

I got the e-mail as well. I have even viewed a few of their online tutorials! I have a number of reservations that I am going to need to make at a variety of campgrounds throughout Ontario for this coming summer so I am hoping the new reservations system/site works as well as the old one. I love the fact that they will now have photo's of all of the camp sites.

As for how long is too long? I am the wrong person to ask. Our trip to Ontario starts in Kelowna, B.C.! We made a similar trip in 2007 which was our first camping trip with the then new PU. Then we only had 3 kids. Now we have 4. Based on the 2007 trip, we will be camping for about 22 days and put in about 11,000 kilometers but I hope to plan a slightly different route so that we can see a few new sites. Maybe one of these years we will try to make it to PEI!!!!

Scott

7. RJinTO

RJinTO New Member

Call me cynical but I'll bet you 10 bucks the server crashes 5 minutes after "opening time".

8. reidsd

reidsd Kelowna, B.C.

Went online and got my new account. Fortunately I have about a month before I can make my reservations so they have time to crash the site, rebuild it and have all the bugs worked out before I lay down some cash on a few campgrounds.

Scott

9. lpm

lpm EH?

I registered yesterday but didn't get an email about the new site. Found out about the registration at another site yesterday. I have had a quick look around and it looks good. As for tomorrow when the reservations start, just be patient!

10. Techhead

Techhead New Member

I registerd first thig Friday morning.

Just got my reservation finalized for Pinery. Going [CP] May 24 weekend. [:D]

Only took 1.5 hours of re-entering credit info.

Me I have driven 5hrs too Sudbury. DW is not a big fan of having to drive more than 3 / 3.5 hrs away.

11. elsiemon

elsiemon New Member

Took me one hour to get a site. Don't know how many times I had to enter the credit card number. I thought it might have been worse than this for the start up but at least it's done.

12. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I'll wait until things die down a bit.. not sure yet but may head South for May 2-4...

13. real lite virgin

Made my first reservation for this year The Pinery for May24 cannot wait counting down the days.. [:D]
    Suzanne

14. peppster66

peppster66 New Member

I really like the new service, especially now that it shows actual photos of the sites. I found it easy and quick, had no problems at all. was surprised at how many sites were already booked for the may 24 long weekend. we also booked at the pinery, in the dunes section, it will be our first time there, thumbs up for the new service..... :) :) [CP]

15. wantingapup

wantingapup New Member

I tried to make a reservation from my blackberry at 7 am this morning but wasn't liking that. Just got home from a great day skiing and made my reservation for macgregor for may long weekend - took about 2 mins total once I chose my site and that was including setting up my account - so its sounds like the credit card problems are fixed.