Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Snow, Oct 12, 2016.
Yes, we relocated.. to the campground linked above...
Yes 4 of us had to find other sites so booked at that new place
If you book at the new place day you are part of Tim's group
Thanks for the quick update, Snow!
And thanks to Tim for finding us a new location! Sharon at Sleep Hollow has added me to 'Tim's Group', and she is putting us all together if you tell her you're with Tim.
I'm confirmed for 3 NTS on Site 24 F-M.
The is no campground map on their website, but Sharon said that there is one on their Facebook page.
Are you on Facebook Pat? We have a group message going on about this weekend there.
I am, but I was not aware that there is a Facebook page. And it is...?
Re cancellations at McRae...
I just called to cancel my McRae reservation.
If your site is currently not flooded, call the McRae directly to get a full refund. If you call the 1-888 Ont Parks number, you will be charged a cancellation fee.
That's good to know thanks!
We are just on a group chat - of you send me a friend request I can add you to it. Tracey Rogers
Thanks, but do you know how many Tracey Rogers are on Facebook? LOL
Might be easier for you to find me...Pat Lightfoot
Sent you a friend request
I called the 888 number.. told the girl I received a message from McRae offering a full refund due to the number of sites in the park that had been closed and that rain over the next couple days could close my site... full refund for 9 nights plus resi fee...
as told that the people at 1-888 could only give full refunds to those whose site was on their flooded list. Since mine was not on the list, only the McRae staff could give me a full refund.
I did sit on hold a few times while the girl checked and verified things. .
Perhaps they finally realized that McRae couldn't handle all the refunds on their own. Just read this on website:
Due to heavy spring rain, McRae Point Provincial Park has closed 173 campsites until July 6, 2017.
All campsite reservation holders have been contacted and advised of their options regarding park conditions and limited services.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the rally everyone. We won't be joining you...we are doing the Burton Cummings Rama thing tonight and have decided to stay home and get some stuff done around the house which we keep putting off. Hope the weather is a lot better than is has been as of late.
Too funny the park you found though....it's about 15 minutes south of our friends cottage and I know someone who has a permanent trailer there. Small world!
As a side note......I have been camping with a pop-up for over 14 years and have never even heard of soggy sites (Emily) of cancelled sites (McCrae). Now I join you guys a couple of years ago and it's becoming the norm. Weird! I think it must be Craig's fault.......
Yes, definitely Craig's fault. lol
Blame Mel... always Mel's fault ..
Start of the make shift rally. ...
Make-Shift Rally nothing, Thats a Rally my friend!!
Ok start of the rally at the replacement location. ..