Open camping spots

Discussion in 'Web Site Features/Products' started by 2oothguy, May 11, 2019.

1. 2oothguy

2oothguy New Member

Maybe you can add a forum that will allow people to tell others of a campsite that they booked but cant go. This way others that are trying to get a spot in a hard to get campground the chance. You could even break it down by state. So tired of looking to book and they are always full, or getting that last spot only to realize that half the campground is still empty. Just a thought?

neighbormike likes this.
  2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Well, the For Sales section would cover that I would think.

3. 2oothguy

2oothguy New Member

Ok I'll check that out Do t think I ever seen someone list a camp site.

4. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

I don't think in most cases it's practical. Most people will cancel at least a week out. In that case, it's easier to just cancel through the system and get your partial or full refund. And the campsite goes back up as available. Posting here are elsewhere just to say "I cancelled" is something most folks won't bother with.

For last minute cancellations, you do sometimes see those on forums, but it's probably more common to see it on FB or Craigslist where you can reach a greater number of people.

And for the folks who are double booking, etc., they already show they don't care about giving others a chance so they aren't going to be bothered to post.

neighbormike and 2oothguy like this.