Opening the pop-up on LI!! Can't wait-when are you opening up??

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by 5happycampers, Mar 31, 2010.

1. turtle

turtle New Member

Probably tomorrow. Don't know if it's too soon to de-winterize but will clean and get things in order.

2. ranger guy

ranger guy New Member

5 happycampers the rain will be over here friday plane on seting up our trailer also weather is going tobe nice!!

3. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

Im on LI, and its been opened and packed for a few weeks. Took it down to Daytona for 2 and a half weeks in Feb. So it never really 'got put back away' :)

Hope to see you out camping this summer!

4. Beth

Beth Member

i opened ours last week...all in good shape..i had left the sheets on the beds, so i brought them in and washed them....
    we wanted to camp this weekend, but since i don't have the taxes done yet, have decided we'd better stay home and "work"....HOWEVER....i think we will have camp driveway as well...that might satisfy my urge to camp (or make it worse!!)

happy easter!!

beth

5. jenoble99

jenoble99 New Member

I've been trying to get ours opened up for three weeks, but it kept raining on the weekends. It is supposed to be nice tonight/tomorrow so I plan on starting the pre-season prep tonight and finishing it up tomorrow. May even sleep in it tonight.

6. LynnAllen02

LynnAllen02 Active Member

Hopefully DH will clear this weekend for the opening!

Cross your fingers, one of our frig grates came off during the winter, not sure if any mice moved into the house before we discovered it missing!

Lynn

7. Hardee5

Hardee5 New Member

We were supposed to open ours this week and get it cleaned up and prepped for a trip to Monterey Bay at the end of April. 7" of snow with more on the way has changed that plan.

8. peteacher

peteacher New Member

The sun finally came out today to dry up some of the newly formed lakes in RI so in celebration we opened our popup and plan to dewinterize this coming week as soon as more puddles disappear [SUN]

9. Buddy Ter

Buddy Ter New Member

Mr. Towed is open and Camp Backyard is underway! Tonight is just general tidying up and moving gear in; the real camping starts tomorrow.

10. rocketspen

rocketspen New Member

Opened up yesterday.

Did some painting on repairs made at the end of the season, and overhauling our sofa bed so that we can store/stack totes under it. Looking forward to the new "luggage area."

Can't do to much yet. We were overseas (Greece and Turkey) and are finishing catch up. Hopefully we will get out sometime this month.

11. popnewbie

popnewbie New Member

Nicest day out today this year. Had a few days off and opened the pop-up today. Was VERY upset to find mice had got into it over the winter! Destroyed the side screens and pooped all over the place. I was not impressed. So I set it up to keep the weather out, and am going to Lysol the whole thing tomorrow. I used a whole box of bounce in every nook and cranny I could find too. Moth balls and a few good cats next year. [:(!] [:(!] [:(!]

12. 5happycampers

5happycampers New Member

Hi LI G-men - we camp in Indian Island - it is a really nice campground. We belong to a Suffolk county camping club which helps us get into the suffolk county campgrounds because we are Nassau County (Massapequa). We are going out to Cathedral Pines in a few weeks for the FCRV campout which is usually a lot of fun. I also like Cedar Point in East Hampton - it is just a bit of a drive for us.

The kids wanted to sleep in the pup last night, but DH and I had to both work today and didn't want to worry about a rough night sleep. I am glad I am not the only crazy one out there. We had a campfire in the driveway outside the pup last night - it really felt like we were camping. Have a great camping season!!

13. RhinoDave

RhinoDave Active Member

I've had mine open a couple of times. It's now sitting in the driveway under it's shelter packed and ready to go. Only had to do a couple of minor repairs and mods. Now all I have to do is wait until we decide to head out.

14. Twisty

Twisty New Member

Yesterday I spread 4 yards of gravel on the Pup parking spot. It will be leveled and popped later today or tomorrow. It has been pretty stormy around here lately so it's been covered on the driveway. I will completely empty it, clean, check the water system, gas system, restock, etc. over the next few days.
    We are a crazy bunch!! I just like to sit inside and dream about all of the places I'll be traveling to...
    First trip is May 21st.

15. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

Emptied out the PUP yesterday, unpacked everything, wiped out all the cabinets, closets, steamed the matresses and shampooed the rugs, cleaned all the counters, then repacked it all, took out old stuff, and set up my new grill. Have to get some new chairs as all the collapseable ones I have have seen better days. Also have to fix a door, its not closing right (how do these things happen?) Took the flagpole down from storage. Bought a new lock box to bolt to the floor where ever there is room) and brought out the backpack with the travel toys and all the fun goodies. Then had a nice camp-driveway with some friends while we all spent the night volunteering down at our local ambulance.

Sorry for the blurry pic, we just put out the fire and it was a lil bit smokey. Shortly after this some friends snuck inside to sleep in the comfort of a 'real' bed!

[​IMG]

16. ranger guy

ranger guy New Member

camp driveway for 2 days in april in cape breton you don`t get that every year!!!

17. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

We opened our's up on Saturday morning. First time with the pup, first time with the BAL leveler, and no SPUTS. I left it open, and plan on closing it later this week.
    First trip 04/16.

18. warwgn3

warwgn3 Car Shows are 2nd only to Camping!

I opened mine up on April 2nd, and slept in it for 2 nights in camp driveway. didn't get much sleep because of squaking birds, and 60 km/h winds shaking the pup, and blowing a tin can up and down the street. I was also worried about tree branches ripping up the canvas.

19. caper75

caper75 Switchin to Glide...

Opened it Friday, Close it Monday...first time doing both without the previous owner standing and giving directions. Got a chance to wash mattress covers, drapes etc. It only took up 25min to open 20min to close...that doing it the first time. This is better then our last tent :)

The Bal Leveler will be here Thursday so we're set to go.

20. hanson1522

hanson1522 Belleville, IL

We've had ours popped up off and on for the last few weeks working on rebuilding the interior. Our first trip will be NEXT WEEKEND (YAY!) to Washington State Park in Missouri. CAN'T WAIT! [:D]