Opinion on my tarp setup?

Discussion in 'Camper Storage / Winterizing & De-Winterizing' started by Aaol1, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Aaol1

Aaol1 New Member

So I decided to tarp this year, but not directly on the trailer of course. I have roof racks with cross bars on the trailer roof, so I figured that would be enough for air circulation? I unfortunately don't have the space for a nice framed setup, my spot is very tight.

What do you guys / girls think?

P.s. we dont get much snow so I'm not overly worried about that

Attached Files:

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Kind of how I did mine except I put my gray tote in front of the camper roof along with my AC unit which provides enough air gap. The only thing you may want to do is add pool noodles on the side of those racks to help soften the corner otherwise the tarp will fail there quicker. Otherwise I would think it should be sufficient. I've lost a few tarps due to wind so keep an eye out if it starts to whip around.

3. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Un-Supported Member

I would pad the ends of the cross bars and round over the edges of the board that touches the tarp. I use Harbor Freight tarp clips to take up the extra tarp to keep it from flapping and snatching on the tiedowns.

4. Aaol1

Aaol1 New Member

Thanks guys!

5. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Well-Known Member

I put 2x4s on my rack and two sheets of OSB sheathing on that. Then my tarp goes on top. We get plenty of snow, and this set up keeps everything off the roof. Has worked great for 15 winters.