Opinions on removing inside sink?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by Mamagoogins, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Don_D

Don_D I'd rather be camping!

The other nice thing about doing this is that you can now load up your fridge with your top down. We did it a few years back and I don't know why I waited so long to do it.

2. sdn40

sdn40 Member

Removed both sink and stove.
    Number one priority in an 8' is space. That alone was enough for me. Number two, anything that has to do with water, anything that can leak water, anything that thinks about leaking water is out. Last but not least, with the wildlife becoming more plentiful, mainstream, and bold, I think there is a growing sentiment to not cook indoors where food smells linger in the canvas etc etc.

[​IMG]

3. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

I really like the little sink in my camper. I was a tent camper for years so a sink is a real luxury. We mostly use it for washing hands and brushing our teeth.

4. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

We like the sink in our camper when we have hookups. We like being able to brush our teeth and wash our hands without having to go to the bath house. Also being able to wash small utensils and cups. I know it's a small sink but having running water inside the pup at times is nice. When we don't have hookups it's a great place for loose change, keys and such... [A]

5. equilibrium

equilibrium Member

So we removed our sink this past month(my spouse rather...) the whole cabinet with the stove and sink. Had to close the access holes from the piping, and then put in some styrofoam where the heater came out, and covered with a piece of the cabinet wood (thin board stuff). It wasn't super pretty but it freed up SO much space for our camping gear that we are very very happy we pulled it out. I don't think anyone would be unhappy with it if they need the space.

6. WmTaskser

WmTaskser Member

After reading this and others like it, I went ahead and took out my fold over galley. I really never used it in my old camper so why would this one be any different. Besides, if I really need it, I can always put it back together in about 10 minutes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]