Ordered a new canvas

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by Jeepguy93, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Jeepguy93

Jeepguy93 Active Member

Welp we had some nice weather, so I decided to open the camper just to inspect. Offfff course mice had eaten my canvas why wouldn't they have....so I just ordered a new one online... 5 weeks for delivery. Still cheaper than a new canvas at 905 Shipped.

1380ken likes this.
  2. davekro

davekro Active Member

I have been trying to avoid buying new canvas for just my bunk end roof cracking. I could buy just bund ends for ≈ $800 or bunks plus center for ≈1200. I'd be OK with bunk ends only, but the canvas colors would not match (neither canvas company does blue along bottoms), arg. Which canvas company did you go with? What color? What was your out the door price w/ tax & shipping? I'll be curious what the delivery date actually is. Thanks

3. Jeepguy93

Jeepguy93 Active Member

I've put off buying a canvas for 5 years lol. Luckily for me jayco themselves still provide genuine canvas. I went to rv workshop total out the door was 905 shipped and they said I should have it in 5 weeks max...

4. Jeepguy93

Jeepguy93 Active Member

I'd call or take the bunk end into a marine/boat place. I bet they can replace the vinyl top. Might be worth a shot...they use that vinyl for seats bolsters ECT.

davekro likes this.
  5. davekro

davekro Active Member

I thought about that too vs. us trying to sew material there. I guess I just need to act on the thought! I am better on thinking of ideas than acting on them sometimes. :eek:O If a boat shop charged $300-$400 to sew in new roof vinyl, I'd do that in a heart beat. I need to act on that idea and get a quote!

6. Jeepguy93

Jeepguy93 Active Member

Take advantage of the off season. They made me a nice sunbrella awning bag with zipper and new track for like 60 bucks and that's more intricate that a large vinyl top.

7. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I replaced mine a couple years back, genuine Jayco canvas as well. If it is not too late, you might want to call your local Jayco dealers. RV Workshop marks up the price something fierce so that it matches what the custom shops charge. When I bought mine, I paid half what they wanted to charge for the exact same product, I just had to drive an hour up the road to a dealer. I think I paid around $500, and this was for a pup with double kings and a slide out dinette. I called 3 different ones, and the farther out I got from Dallas the cheaper they were. I think the highest was $800 that I was quoted. There should be a part number up on the top of the canvas to help.

Jeepguy93 likes this.
  8. Jeepguy93

Jeepguy93 Active Member

thanks i tried that. I have no jayco dealers around me. I called a few rv places and they had nothing.. I also learned jayco isnt making popups anymore, im researching that at the moment.

9. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

Wow. I knew there would be changes when Thor bought the Jayco brand. I just didn't think they'd kill the whole line off.