Oregon Coast?

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by SPopupFamily, Apr 27, 2014.

1. SPopupFamily

SPopupFamily New Member

I've spent all morning searching for a good campground on the Oregon Coast and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Starting to wonder if it exists! [RTM]

1. On the beach (as close as possible, not miles away)
    2. No dunes - can't handle the off road vehicles zooming by all the time
    3. Kid friendly

Anyone know of any spots like this? The closest thing I can find is Beverly Beach State Park. Ideas?

Thanks!

[HY] [PUT]

2. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

Just a thought, have you considered the neighbors to the north? In a lot of areas of WA state (ex: Ocean Shores), the beach is considered a highway as far as legality of vehicles, which means ORVs are disallowed because they are not street legal, registered vehicles.

Also, in those areas, driving in soft sand or on dunes is illegal.

3. Tacoma_Jim

Tacoma_Jim Member

4. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

I second Beachside State Park. We've stayed there a few times and would do so again.

5. SPopupFamily

SPopupFamily New Member

Tent site?

Perfect, I remember driving by Beachside last summer. Totally forgot about it! They have reservable sites but they are only for tents. Since we are new at this I have a newbie question - Can you put a PUP in a tent spot? Or does it have to go in an RV spot?

6. Hyperterex

Hyperterex Active Member

At the Northern most coast of Oregon is Fort Stevens State Park. We went to the pup rally there a few years ago and what a fantastic place. The campground is clean, large and has friendly staff. There is a fresh water lake to do some fishing or the coast is just a short couple mile drive. You can visit Astoria and see the sights. It's also the town where they filmed Kindergarten Cop and The Goonies.
    If it wasn't such a long way from the Bay Area, I would go every year.

Here are some images http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=fort+stevens+state+park&qpvt=fort+stevens+state+park&FORM=IGRE

Here is a link to the campground http://www.oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=parkPage.dsp_parkPage&parkId=129

7. Tacoma_Jim

Tacoma_Jim Member

Re: Tent site?

You can put your PUP in a tent site. You just need to make sure the Pad length is enough for your PUP and TV. Mine for example is a 19' PUP and my TV is about the same, so I make sure to get a 40' pad.

8. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

Re: Tent site?

Really? We've stayed there a couple of times and made reservations both times. Maybe they are just filled up for when you want to go then. Try calling 800 452-5687.

9. Zephyr

Zephyr Active Member

Cape Blanco SP on the southern coast. Hwy 101 is inland several miles, so no road noise. The campground is above the beach but it's just a short walk down. The lighthouse tours are great.

10. Heartman_wa

Heartman_wa Active Member

^2 The old fort is great for kids it still has some of the guns inplace