Organized Fridge Hack with Pics

Discussion in 'Refrigerators and Coolers' started by Misc99, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Misc99

Misc99 New Member

I found these baskets at Dollar Tree a couple years back for our fridge and they work great. I shared this idea on the Popup Campers FB page and several liked the idea so I thought I would also share it here. I like them because they act as shelves and they provide air flow to keep things cool. They fit perfectly in our fridge.

I use two per shelf because they are not that sturdy.

Before a trip, I pack the baskets while the fridge is cooling...because we all know the fridge takes several hours to get cool. Yes, I use frozen milk jugs to help it along. I "try" to make each shelf dedicated to one mealtime.
    One for breakfasts
    One for lunches
    One for dinners
    The dedicated baskets help keep the fridge open less when I'm getting what I need before a camping meal. I just pull out the basket for the meal I'm getting ready to prepare.

Then when we about to leave home for a trip, I slide them in the fridge and we are off to camp. When we get home it is super easy to unload the fridge, too.

Attached Files:

2. sawdusty

sawdusty San Antonio

Well I'll be. Another excuse to go to Dollar Tree. Not that I need an excuse. Thanks for the ideas. [:)C]

3. Misc99

Misc99 New Member

I have to be careful when I go to Dollar Tree. Things keep flying in my cart chanting, but I'm only a dollar. [:D]

4. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

I sure wish I could access the fridge when my pup is closed, sigh.