ORIGIONAL SINK FAUCET FOR COLEMAN SEQUOIA

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by carlr, Jul 19, 2011.

1. carlr

carlr New Member

Now don't laugh to hard but, any chance somewhere there is an original sink faucet for a 1986 Coleman Sequoia? I and doing some repairs and I would like to replace the faucet. Long short ...Probably. But you never know.

Thanks

2. lboyle14

lboyle14 New Member

Do you have a pic of it?

3. carlr

carlr New Member

Unfortunately no. I had replaced it about 8 years ago with another type because they did not have a direct replacement at the time and we were leaving the next day. I can get the same as I have but the price is $88.00. If I'm going to pay that I would be willing to pay a little more for the original. I will look around and see if I can find a photo somewhere.

4. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Active Member

5. carlr

carlr New Member

6. rjniles

rjniles Member

Why do you want an original when there are so much better options available. Hope you don't think it will ever be a classic in our lifetimes.

7. carlr

carlr New Member

Well, I have tried the better options twice and to be honest they only lasted 4 and 5 years. The original lasted 15 years. Plus the new and improved is $88.00. The old style is $50.00. For the amount we use it I can think of better places to spend $38.00. As far a being a classic, no that's not the objective. We just like the "OLD SCHOOL" Stuff.
    I'm not convinced that new style is always better.

8. carlr

carlr New Member

It's been a long time since I saw one. I'm trying to find old photos but no luck yet. I think Leisure Components offers them. At least they look similar to what I think I remember. It has a small chrome faucet and what looks like a "T" handle to turn the water on.