Otsego Lake State Park

Discussion in 'Michigan' started by novagirl, Feb 9, 2013.

1. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

Visited this park (not camping) in 2011. Very nice park on the shores of Otsego Lake near Gaylord MI.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seemed like a nice peaceful park. Probably not a lot to do for kids though. Would like to go back again and camp.

2. heckufaguy

heckufaguy New Member

We've got reservations for late June here. Was filling up fast! I'll be sure to review it then.
    We'll be camping at the Firemans Memorial campground for a geocaching road rally the week before, and then a few days here to relax and visit friends local to the area.

Not a lot for the kids to do = a plus for two older campers!

3. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

Has anyone ever camped here? When we were there looking at it in 2011 it seemed very nice. Always wanted to go back but haven't made it so far. :(

4. RhinoDave

RhinoDave Active Member

Like you, we've driven through the park. It seems pretty nice and there are many sites that are spacious. My brother has a place on a small lake with 10 acres just outside of Lewiston so we usually camp there when we're in the area. There is also a nice county park on the other side of the lake. We've driven through but not camped there for the same reason.

5. jthomas124169

jthomas124169 Member

Otsego S.P. is very nice. I've camped there many times. The beach is nice, there is a boat launch and a fishing pier. They have a small play ground. lots of familes with kids camp there.

6. bccamper

bccamper Member

Thanks for the info. Thinking staying here over Labor Day weekend to do the Bridge Walk.

7. heckufaguy

heckufaguy New Member

Wow, can't believe I never came back to update. We camped there June of 2013. Came in on a Sunday and left on a Wednesday. It was very quiet those days, mostly kids with grandparents. Camped next to us was about 4 kids with GP's and we thought..ho boy here we go. Well, they were the quietest most respectful campers I've seen in a long time!
    The park itself is impeccably clean. The beach appeared so too. They claim a 'dog beach' but it was 8 feet of sand at the bottom of some STEEP stairs, and about 3 feet deep from water to shore. VERY disappointed in that.

We ended up on a nice spot, that slopped terribly right to left. Made our step side way high once level. Water as usual with a state park was no where near.

All in all we liked it, it was quiet and clean. Spacious but not the most secluded we've had.

8. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More Otsego Lake