Our 89 Starcraft Nova project

jwolfe01

Honeoye, NY
May 5, 2008
Honeoye Falls, NY
We are out for our first real weekend camping in the PUC since the project started and we had torrential downpours last night. I'm glad to say that my roof sealing job performs perfectly. Not a single drop anywhere. I can't say as much for the water system, as we discovered a few drips in the supply line connections for the city water hookup. Ill be tearing that apart when we get home lol. Its always something...

jwolfe01

Honeoye, NY
May 5, 2008
Honeoye Falls, NY
Ive been pretty busy with other things lately, but made some more progress on the camper yesterday. I got the Starcraft vinyl lettering in the mail a week or so ago, so I put that on yesterday, plus I got the bike rack pieces cut and hit them with the grinder to smooth and round off the corners and edges. I mocked it up to make sure everything was right, and I took pics and will be uploading them soon.

jwolfe01

Honeoye, NY
May 5, 2008
Honeoye Falls, NY
Heres the bike rack mock up from yesterday....

DSC_5763.jpg

DSC_5764.jpg

Today I got the camper cleaned up and ready to go for this weekend. I also installed the new roof vent cover. Ill take pics of that and the lettering tomorrow while Im working on the bike rack and ratchet strap hook points.

RotHappens

Mar 29, 2010
I like the looks of your new bike rack, jw! We're thinking of doing something similar.

By the way, do you think we'll EVER be done renovating the popup?

jwolfe01

Honeoye, NY
May 5, 2008
Honeoye Falls, NY
I went to the hobby shop today and picked up a sheet of adhesive backed vinyl and made Starcraft emblems (not the word Starcraft) and the Nova emblem. Here are pics of the emblems and lettering, you can also see the new vent cover on the roof.

DSC_5766.jpg

DSC_5767.jpg

DSC_5768.jpg

Dusty82

Super Active Member
Jun 23, 2008
Northern Nevada
Man, I gotta tell ya - it looks brand new! Fantastic job! So did you cut out the logos by hand or do you have a vinyl cutter and software? I've been toying with that idea, but I'm still not sure I can justify the cost for just a few projects here and there.

astronomynv

98 Starcraft Constellation 1021 TV 93 Ford Bronco
May 13, 2010
Reno Nevada
I said it before but I'll say it again, Beautiful Job! I do have a question I noticed on your door you have a door knob instead of the "push button". Was that stock or did you add that on your own? Have 3 kids and I like the door knob.

jwolfe01

Honeoye, NY
May 5, 2008
Honeoye Falls, NY
This weekend I started going through the water system and got it pretty much done, just need to take the water pump to the RV dealer and see if I cant get a rebuild kit for it. I also picked up a set of rims and tires, which I will install once I get the camper closed up. I found a great deal on a 22 gallon water tote on Cragislist too. $40 and its in darn near new condition with just a few scuffs on the bottom. I will need to get a replacement tow handle for it, or maybe Ill just use a strap or something to attach it to the hitch for taking it to the dump station.

newbiecamper

Apr 7, 2007
SE Minnesota
Thats what I am going to do with the wheels on my Camplite, they are a bit rusty, but its only on the surface. ill just scff it up with a scotchbrite pad and prime and paint. Would really like to find some 'mag' style rims for it but I dont know if there is any in the smaller sizes, and mine are a 4 bolt too.
What did you use for paint for your box and grafix? It looks awesome!! The decals are peeling on mine and seriously considering a paint job and new grafix for next year after the side/end boards are replaced.