Our first pup!

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by CampCrazyMom, Jul 4, 2011.

1. CampCrazyMom

CampCrazyMom Member

Sorry I am having so much trouble figuring this out! I think it's under control now. Does anyone know how I can delete the "extra" post? lol Also, I want to be able to link everyone to my album showing my progress with the pup. Just copy & paste?

2. CampCrazyMom

CampCrazyMom Member

[​IMG]

This one worked! Here she is attached to the TV. The other shot was supposed to be of her popped up, didn't work!
    [RTM]

3. CampCrazyMom

CampCrazyMom Member

Alright, now I think I've got a handle on this. Sorry for all the technical difficulties!

[​IMG]

4. roughin-it

roughin-it New Member

wow what a nice set-up. roof rack and is that a double LP set-up I see?

5. CampCrazyMom

CampCrazyMom Member

Yes, double LP, I don't know enough to be impressed by that. Or, honestly, how to use it! Wish I was kidding. And, this is why I love this portal!

I have hinted to DH that we need to take the roof rack down to reseal. I've got an album on photobucket showing how she looked when we bought her (and now I question my sanity--lots of work!). Ongoing process, but I see the light at the end by now! DH graciously lets me do most of this "project" by myself, comes & bails me out when necessary. Win/win for me!

6. PopupG

PopupG New Member

very nice, how much does your pup weight? I was wondering if I could get one with a slide out and pull it with my mini van.

7. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

Nice i had a 2005 coachmen cliper nowi have a 2011 Rockwood feedom

8. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Hi CampCrazyMom!! Nice PUP! ;)

Doesn't your slide out have stabalizers?? Mine has 2 and they sure make a difference when you're sitting IN the slide out!

[:D]

9. Hyperterex

Hyperterex Active Member

Nice crib. Hope you have fun with it.

10. CampCrazyMom

CampCrazyMom Member

Thank you all, I am just thrilled to have it. We haven't been camping yet. I expect to have her ready within the next week!

The weight is around 2,400# according to what I've found online (we didn't get an owner's manual). I think our van pulls around 2600, so I'm pushing the limit, but we won't pull it far. We usually camp at our local state park which is less than 20 miles away.

We didn't get stabelizers for the slide. So far I haven't noticed it feeling like they are necessary.

Thank you all for any posts you've had on the portal, I am reading a lot on here & learning SO much from you all.

Happy Camping! [CP]

11. johnlely14hw

johnlely14hw New Member

Nice pu, happy camping!

12. cma7777

cma7777 Member

Wow, that's nice and B I G!

13. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Cool, I have the exact same pup minus the pull out. Will you post a link to your other pics? I would love to see the inside!!

14. CampCrazyMom

CampCrazyMom Member

Here is the link to the album. Please come see it again after I get it all done!

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z350/CampCrazyMom/

15. tracker366

tracker366 New Member

CampCrazyMom that's a nice looking camper.I hope you enjoy it for years to come.Don't forget to post stories and pics of all your camping trips.Have fun camp safe. [CP]

16. cesperon

cesperon New Member

NICE!!! I am so jealous you have a potty! (LOL although with the close quarters I think I would rather have dh go outside LOL)

I can't wait to see what you do with it!

17. LISA1969

LISA1969 New Member

nice pup. i love the lil details that u added to the outside (butterflies and dragonflies). are those stickys? i have a bayside with the slideout and i dont have the stabilizers either. but i am jealous you have the indoor shower with toilet. i have a lil old portipotty lol. post some more pics after the renovations and her maiden voyage [:D]

18. CampCrazyMom

CampCrazyMom Member

The butterflies and ivy are from a company called Tatouge. They used to have in-home parties like Tupperware did :) These were just a few left over from a set I had. They are rub on transfers. I hit them with some clear paint to protect them after I did it. I figure, she's an old pup and she's mine, so I'm going to do what I want & not worry if it isn't "right" (meaning it isn't professional or won't last forever!).

And I promise to post more pics when I get them. Right now I have one bunk end canvas all cleaned up and started patching. Two more to go! Whew, what work :)

http://www.tatouagedesigns.com/

19. wolfcat1

wolfcat1 New Member

Why do you need stabes for the slideout ?
    My last two Baysides' did not call for them, and the slide was solid as a rock...Just asking..
    thnks, wolfie

20. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

We had a Starcraft with a slide out and it had 2 stablizers - to support the weight of the slide out and of those sitting at the dinette, I assume.