Our First trip with the pop up.

whartonr

Jul 2, 2012
First trip was not bad, rained on the way to Va Beach. When we checked in at Holiday Travel Park, it was still raining. Opened up the camper and guess what??? There is a leak. We had a fan stowed away for the trip and that dried the matrress out pretty quick. When we deployed the awning I noticed a corner sagging and after checking that out the canopy fell off the side. Good news is rain stopped that night, sun was out the next day, and we had an overall good time. Seems like the gasket around the a/c is bad and will more than likely have to replace some ceiling panels. So I guess this is welcome to the camping world. Actually pretty excited about working on the repairs and will also redo the dinette table while we're at it.

Bobby999

Runnin' with the pack!
Jan 24, 2009
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Wanted to welcome you to the portal from Idaho.

whartonr

Jul 2, 2012
Slant wasn't a problem, the threading attachting it to the camper had dry rotted. Getting that fixed this weekend.

hawk232

Jul 19, 2012
in regards to the a/c leak it may be worth checking it out before getting the gasket. when i bought my pup i was luck to notice that the a/c was a little crooked once i got home. i pulled the inside panel down and could see light through one of the back corners. i just loosened the bolts, shifted the unit so that it was square (and covering the gap) and tightened it back down. gasket still seemed to have plenty flex to it...

jjkach

Super Active Member
Sep 8, 2007
Welcome to the portal! Sorry to hear about your leak. Hope the repair is minimal! Hope you had a great time! Happy camping!

whartonr

Jul 2, 2012
Thanks Hawk, I will check that first.... A little disappointing that a camper that is only 6 years old is having these kind of issues. But on a good note, once I do the repairs it should be solid and I won't have to deal with that issue for awhile.

mnebinger

Livin' The Dream!
Jul 22, 2012
And once you make the repairs you will love it more since you will have sweat equity in it :)

DH '70
DW '67
DS1.0 '98
DS2.0 '02
And Solomon, our inside Cavalier Spaniel