Our new HTT

yetavon

everything is better around a campfire.
Mar 11, 2010
Western NC
After 30 years camping, 4 P'ups and 2 years with a hybrid, we have been searching for the perfect HTT for us...
After a year of research and hunting it came down to the Shamrock 21DK sapphire package...LOVE IT!
0409151429_zpsjqclje8r.jpg

0409151432_zpssibmyyku.jpg

0409151449_zps41m7nsa0.jpg

0409151450_zpslgnb1nyk.jpg

ChocoChock01

On the road aagaain See Rallies below;
Mar 7, 2012
Nice, with ALL that research tell why it's perfect?? esp. over the 2 previous HTT.

yetavon

Mar 11, 2010
Western NC
Only 1 HTT of 2 years, 4 different Pups. After 2 years in the Antigua, we got to see some of the short comings of it, Actually became sort of sorry I jumped on it. But we did get all but $200 back on it [:D]. and kept the WDH and a ton off other goodies that came with it....
#1 Item was a Tub not a shower, That cut 90% of the campers out. larger and more versatile
#2 Bathroom located near the door, don't like the idea of tracking thru the whole camper.
#3 CURVED ROOF....had nothing but trouble from the Antiqua's flat roof.
#4 Larger tent ends I could not climb over the DW to get up without rubbing canvas...I can sit up in this one, the Bunks are lower.
#5 More storage.....Just the kitchen slide has almost as much storage as whole the Antiqua....
#6 Larger Dinette that you don't have to climb over to get in the bunk. (This is a compromise)
#7 The Slide....We wanted extra room without the size, so no choice but a slide, But would have preferred the dinette slide not the Kitchen. (The compromise)
#8 Construction and warranty .... We have walked thru so many different campers, and appalled by some of the junk we seen....New units falling apart....
Forest River built some of them, but the Roo/Shamrock line have a great track record. looking at used campers give you an Idea of longevity...
#9 Just drop the bunk and stick in the Shepard's pole....
#10 And to get all this without increasing the overall travel size and weight to much.......6" wider, 18" longer and only 800 lbs heavier.

It has a bunch of stuff that we don't really need....TV...NEVER brought a TV camping....Outside fridge....DW says it stays but like the idea of another storage compartment. Power awning...yes its nice but like the versatility of our manual one.

Over all this was a homerun for us....We told every dealer, we WERE getting a Roo/Shamrock 21DK, and located several up north at good deals, but just didn't plan on it till next year at the earliest...but Tom Johnsons they made us a deal that we just could not refuse...and only had to drive 35 miles to get it....

Reiver

Apr 7, 2013
Iowa
Congratulations! I also own a Shamrock 21Dk that we bought last August. I have never seen the sapphire package though. Great looking trailer! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. (and trust me, you'll learn to love that outside fridge!)

Nandy

Super Active Member
Mar 29, 2010
Wow, nice! How come I see this just today...

Tom Johnson is about the only dealer I like. I have deal with their parts people the most (or course) and when they see me walk in and know you by name you know you been there a few more times that many! lol! Parts are often priced the same as online. Sales was nice but all they had was out of our budget.

Seems due to our schedules (mostly mine) I wont get to see it until next year DO.

Enjoy, you and Dawn are good people and deserve it.

yetavon

Mar 11, 2010
Western NC
Nandy said:
Seems due to our schedules (mostly mine) I wont get to see it until next year DO.
Don't wait that long....your not that far away, We have a good camp driveway and plenty of spots to fling feathers .....

Nandy

Super Active Member
Mar 29, 2010
Well, Esteban will probably be gone end of May or early June to his other mom in Fl so I might take you on for summer. Will see if the ex deems me fit to be given a date when she will get him and will see if I can come with a good excuse... DW promotion came with the problem that she has to work every weekend BUT she is also in charge of the schedule... She might be able to pull one, if not, it will be me solo...

yetavon

Mar 11, 2010
Western NC
1st night and it poured most of the time...made for great sleeping. I just hope it doesn't set a precedence for its camp weather luck.....
The grandson loves his new bed, Had a bath and thought its great we now have a TV in the camper.
Its hard to believe with all the storage in it, there are still wasted spaces for more....

ChocoChock01

On the road aagaain See Rallies below;
Mar 7, 2012
yetavon said:
Only 1 HTT of 2 years, 4 different Pups. After 2 years in the Antigua, we got to see some of the short comings of it, ......
#1 Item was a Tub not a shower, That cut 90% of the campers out. larger and more versatile *This would be nice...probably uses less water [:D] .
#2 Bathroom located near the door, don't like the idea of tracking thru the whole camper. I like the hard sides keeping the heat in so DW doesn t use the shower to warm up!
#3 CURVED ROOF....had nothing but trouble from the Antiqua's flat roof. That is a engr. re-design that was needed.
#4 Larger tent ends I could not climb over the DW to get up without rubbing canvas...I can sit up in this one, the Bunks are lower.
#5 More storage.....Just the kitchen slide has almost as much storage as whole the Antiqua....
#6 Larger Dinette that you don't have to climb over to get in the bunk. (This is a compromise)
#7 The Slide....We wanted extra room without the size, so no choice but a slide, But would have preferred the dinette slide not the Kitchen. (The compromise)
#8 Construction and warranty .... We have walked thru so many different campers, and appalled by some of the junk we seen....New units falling apart.... I hope we don't need to use our warranty! Don't necessarily care for the CW service dept.
Forest River built some of them, but the Roo/Shamrock line have a great track record. looking at used campers give you an Idea of longevity...
#9 Just drop the bunk and stick in the Shepard's pole.... This is nice!
#10 And to get all this without increasing the overall travel size and weight to much.......6" wider, 18" longer and only 800 lbs heavier.

It has a bunch of stuff that we don't really need....TV...NEVER brought a TV camping....Outside fridge....DW says it stays but like the idea of another storage compartment. Power awning...yes its nice but like the versatility of our manual one. We use the TV as a second screen for the laptop.

lbcarr87

Super Active Member
Aug 29, 2009
Congrats, That is a beautiful HTT. If you're not already on it, there is also an awesome group on Facebook called Hybrid Travel Trailer Camping. Great group of people with similar interests so thought i'd share. I still come to the portal constantly but enjoy both pages now. Congrats again.