Our new Roo 233S

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by cfmx, Apr 3, 2014.

1. cfmx

cfmx New Member

Brought our new 2014 Roo home. [:D]
    PDI went really well. I was very surprised. Found some issues and they fixed it on the spot. Demo was great and they gave us all the time we needed to do a full inspection.
    It towed great on the highway. Only problem I had was getting the WDH bar off the camper. We are using Equalizer 1200. Our driveway is on an incline and the truck wasn't completely straight in front of the camper. Could this be why? We lowered the camper, raised the camper and the only way we could get it off was by using a 2x4 between the trailer frame and the WDH bar. Any suggestions?
    Also a question for those w/ the U-dinette do you lower the table every in tow or leave it up? Demo tech said it should be lowered when being towed.
    [​IMG]

2. bildoo

bildoo New Member

Nice!! I am so jealous.

3. campermom

campermom Member

Very nice [:D] I am glad it went well for you. Happy camping!!!

4. corona

corona Member

Congrats.Looks good,enjoy.

5. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Very nice!
    We have an E2 wdh. When the tv or the trailer are slanted right to left of tilted front to back, we have to raise the jack as high as possible and often use a block under it for more height.

6. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Congrats!! It's beautiful outside! How about some inside pics! [;)] [;)]

First, do a search on here for WDH and you'll find some info and maybe one of the 'trailer heads' will chime in!! But I know you need to be near level to adjust them. Shoot, I can't get my sway bar on if I'm on even a little angle! Then again, I don't like loosening and tightening it all the time either. I usually wait until I can pull forward enough to straighten out, then put the sway bar on and viola! And it's already set for the pull home.

No matter the setup, ALWAYS lower your table to sleeping position or it WILL move around on the drive, possible breaking something. It also provides space under it (in my pup anyway) for cushion storage and what not. Yup, you gotta get some of those little tension bars to use in your fridge and maybe some cabinets with stuff in them. Nothing should be 'sitting out free' if you're on the road. It just won't be where you left it, when you get to your camp site!

Good luck!! PICS!! PICS!!

[:D]

7. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

p.s. Looks really sharp with your Tundra!

8. Loraura

Loraura New Member

I'm surprised you need a WDH for that roo and that truck. What's the GVWR of the roo? It must have a slide...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Congrats.....nice rig. Glad the delivery went well.

The Roos have the highest tongue weights and GVWR numbers of all HTTs. But beyond that you need a WDH with all 1/2 ton pickups and 23' range HTTs

Beamed straight to you from my Westinghouse AP1000 using Tapatalk

10. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

The gvw of the roo is over 6400lbs.....
    I use wdh on our 5000lb hybrid and our 3/4 ton SUV. At 2 and half tons a trailer can toss a 3/4 ton around easily too.

11. jmcclung11

jmcclung11 Active Member

Congrats! Now you can get back to camping with us.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3!

12. Wizfisher

Wizfisher New Member

Congrats, glad things went as hoped.

Not sure of the type of table you have in the Roo, but we never put our table down for travel and it doesn't move.
    Our table has 3 legs that go into holes in the floor and into brackets in the bottom of the table.
    If you have the folding legs like pups have you would want to lower it for travel.

13. Shado

Shado New Member

Congrats cfmx.

Youa re going to love it. Ours is still frozen in storage....hoping the rain this weekend will allow us to get her out ASAP to get it all cleaned and dewinterize. First weekend in a month.....OMG I can't wait. This winter has been horrible

14. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Congratulations, It looks really nice with your truck too. Glad everything worked out for you in the end.

15. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

Remove the wdh before backing into your driveway, that is what I do because I have to jackknifed my TT to get it into it's parking spot at home beside my driveway because of a tree.

16. bikendan

bikendan Active Member

any 1/2 ton pulling any hybrid, should be using a WDH and sway control.
    i have a 1/2 Avalanche pulling a 23SS and there's no way i'd tow it without one.

to the OP, i would have got the 1000/10000lbs. Equal-i-zer instead of the 1200lbs one. unless you're planning on upgrading trailers in the future.

17. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

First of all, a big CONGRATS on your new 233S. You are going to love it now that the worst part is over. Now you can move past the unpleasant part and get to enjoying it.

Having the truck at an angle could create an issue, but it really shouldn't be bad. The trick to getting the bars on and off easily is to raise the camper as high as you can while attached to the truck. This makes getting the bars on and off much much much much easier. You will probably still need to use the extension bar to lock your chains on, or release them, but it should be much easier. Sometimes I can actually put mine on without tools this way.

50/50. Sometimes I put mind down, sometimes I leave mine up. It is very stable during travel surprisingly enough. Just make sure it is sitting completely on the slide floor and not half and half or it may be unstable then.

18. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Congrats..........she's a beauty!

19. apopkabob

apopkabob New Member

Looks very sharp enjoy

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

20. lbcarr87

lbcarr87 New Member

Very nice looking set up, congrats on the new camper.
    Regarding the Equalizer wdh, getting the bars off is easier when the camper tongue and truck rear end are raised up. If you don't have a power tongue jack I would highly recommend getting one, if for nothing else but, lifting while disconnecting the Equalizer bars. There are other benefits too, as in, no more cranking at the camp site which is why many of us went to from a pup to a HTT in the first place.
    Would love to see interior pics of your roo.