Our trip to Disney World and Fort Wilderness

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by popuppartyof5, Sep 20, 2015.

1. kstephens

kstephens Member

Yes, we are talking Disney - so nothing here is going to be cheap. The cheapest "hotel" style room on the resort was around $150/night so that was going to run us $1200 for our 8 nights. WE still had to pay for the campsite $80/night - so we are paying a little more now than the cheapest room available here. But we have two bedrooms, a queen bed, full bed and twin bunks in the back. We had already paid for the campsite over 6 months ago - so I am not really counting that money on this trip (it was long gone). This is our 6 trip to disney in the past 2.5 years (have stayed off property several times, Port Orleans once, and Wilderness lodge once. The Lodge is my favorite, however, this has been the most enjoyable trip. I get to disney stuff all day, and campground stuff all night.

2. mahoka

mahoka Mmmm...Donuts

So how did you like it? We did the same thing last summer, and we found the TT too confining, and changed our mind about buying one. We do have a big family, and the openness of the pu seemed more appealing.

3. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

We did the same loop in 2013 and loved it. We loved the Davy Crockett Restaurant (the buffet was wonderful and not too expensive). Glad you had a great time.