Outdoor Big Screen Movie Night

Discussion in 'Camp Driveway' started by sstressfl, Jun 27, 2020.

1. sstressfl

sstressfl Active Member

Yard camping this weekend and tonight is movie night!

Attached Files:

2. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

My brother started doing this at campgrounds and inviting everyone over to watch... neat idea... just a bit much for me lol [:)C]

sstressfl likes this.
  3. daveo1289

daveo1289 Well-Known Member

My SIL and DD have a projector and do this often with the family. Both at home and camping. The young ones love it. He's now trying to figure out how to use his "hot spot" from his phone to stream things.

sstressfl likes this.
  4. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I do that as a treat for our scouts during summer or winter camp when I attend. I have a battery powered projector, BT speaker and a battery pack that can power both if they run low during a movie. The projector will be fine for a typical 2 hour movie, anything more and it will need extra juice. I have a smaller screen that I have been meaning to adapt to hang inside the pup so we can watch inside too.

sstressfl likes this.
  5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

For Xmas I bought my Little sidekick a small projector. Figured she can project something on the bunkend or bunk end curtains when camping. Or use it at home on her wall. Unfortunately It wasn’t so plug and play as the ad implied and of course the instructions were no help. Guess that’s what you get for something under $100. She has yet to use it camping so not sure how well it works.

6. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

We do this in the back yard occasionally... haven't yet this year. I wouldn't personally do it when camping, but one time a neighboring campsite did and had all the kids in the loop (including ours) watching a movie. They were very respectful and even though it was early in the evening kept the volume very low.

7. sstressfl

sstressfl Active Member

These new little projectors are so impressive. They have HDMI ports and USB ports... we just plug a tiny USB roku in and add a set of cheap USB powered speakers and we have a little movie theater ready to go... assuming we have wifi! The hot spot is a great idea for more remote settings. When we can't connect we have a pile of DVDs and a very small DVD player :)

craiglepaige likes this.
  8. sstressfl

sstressfl Active Member

That's too bad. Maybe some deep google searches would dig up some helpful hints on using it.

craiglepaige and neighbormike like this.