Outdoor rugs, RV specific or any ole rug?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by jcrew6311, May 9, 2017.

1. sleach

sleach A short run will get you within walking distance.

Found the patio mat to be a great thing. Helps keep dirt out of the trailer. Ours rolls up tightly enough to slip into the storage tube mounted on the back bumper.

Our Chalet Aframe is now configured for one bed, and last summer we had a third person along, so she slept in the Tetragon tent. Forgot to pack the piece of Visqueen we put under the tent to protect the floor. Instead we set it up on the patio mat, which proved to be a big improvement over the plastic sheet.

2. Hikeswithcats

Hikeswithcats New Member

When I had my PUP, I used a section of low pile carpet outdoors by the door. It was nice to walk on & wipe feet on, but a challenge to roll when wet and probably not always the most breathable for the ground. My canvas tent I have now is fairly large~ and for the moment I'm just using a small rubber backed mat with it...but I do have a larger R V style mat on my wish list as a future "want." My mom has one of those synthetic, breathable styles for her travel trailer camper & she loves it (especially since it had Flamingos on it.... She loves Flamingos almost too much.. LOL[:I])

scubacamper likes this.
  3. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Just got another mat from Bed Bath and Beyond! Nothing wrong with my old one, the new one has my blues and green tones in it!

4. Iris Thomas

Iris Thomas New Member

I am using Reversible Mats 119187 Outdoor Patio Mat and I pretty satisfied with it. It has many benefits such as Breathability, Durable and soft virgin polypropylene material, Great patio and campsites, Easy to clean, Compact and lightweight. It just has only a drawback that it limited color options but I think it is no matter and you can try it.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  5. FARfetched

FARfetched Well-Known Member

A 3 year old thread got revived, but it's relevant. The Starflyer came with a big outdoor rug. It's heavy and bulky, but pretty. I think I'll get one of those RV or patio mats and put the rug down in the garage once I've got the other section cleaned out.

6. world traveler

world traveler Active Member

We still have a green "grass" outdoor rug. Tie it to the back bumper with velcro straps even if it's wet, it dries out. Keeps the dirt out of the trailer. I was thinking of changing it to a lighter rv rug but it actually works pretty good for now. I like that it's heavier and doesn't get pushed around as much when windy.

7. IndyRick

IndyRick Member

I have a 9'x12' "patio mat". It's very light weight, and folds to about 6x12x36. It's a plastic material, and doesn't absorb water.

8. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I have one of those green outdoor ones, bought from Costco, about $20 I think. I set it out under the awning, and if I do not have my full camp kitchen set up I stake it down with some rug soil nails. So far so good.

9. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

The woven plastic ones are the only way to go these days. Coincidentally, I just pulled mine out earlier today to hit it with the pressure washer to get it ready for the season. So much easier than the old school AstroTurf stuff.

kitphantom and Natureangel like this.
  10. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

we used our rv patio mat for about 9 years with and average nights stars around 50 nights per year. I think it's 9x12,it is made of some type of plastic, which is great to clean when you camp and the rain comes and you end up with a muddy mess. Many times we have had to spread out the mat on the driveway and broom wash it when we get home.