Outdoor Sink

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by John Maiani, Jul 10, 2018.

1. John Maiani

John Maiani New Member

Has anyone built a little outdoor sink.The rockwood sink on my A-Frame looks a little small for washing larger items.I know it doesn't have a gray water tank so i have to improvise some kind of plumbing to make it work.

2. Dan from Troup

Dan from Troup Well-Known Member

We use a kiddie pool. Na...just kidding. [KK]

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

There have been quite a few outdoor sink projects posted on here, from simple to elaborate. Most reports would be in the "In the garage" and "At the campsite" sections, rather than specific to A-frames. Some use fish cleaning tables, etc. If you do a search for "Sink" and such you should be able to pull them up, or just scan through the various mod sections.
    We do it extremely simply, with a set of RV dishpans and a gray water bucket. We used to just heat water on the stove, sometimes still do, but we have a hot water tank in the TT. We have a couple of tables that adjust to countertop height, so the dishpans are at a good level.
    Our set is the Camco dish pans, the drainer fits inside.

Rik Peery likes this.
  4. John Maiani

John Maiani New Member

Thanks.That's a good idea.

5. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Just 2 of us, we heat water up & have a collapsible circular vinyl coated canvas tote to soak the dishes etc in, then use a sponge to wash 'em & rinse 'em under a portable water bag; if it's freezing cold, we revert to a spork & paper plates...

6. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aldi has some collapsible tubs. I have a set I bought last year, and one is a drying rack with a removable drain plug. I fill one up with hot water for cleaning and another for rinsing. However this year I just might try using a countertop dishwasher I got for free. Sits on my camp kitchen and hooks up to my outdoor faucet, and drains into an aquatainer. Pure luxury!

7. John Maiani

John Maiani New Member

I ran across a plastic tub that resembles a sink.I can sit it on one of my wifes old avon tv trays with a plastic top.Thought i could put it by my outside shower unit and have hot and cold water to wash the dishes with.I'll have to do a little plumbing to go into the water jug.

8. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

I use one of the fish cleaning tables plus a couple collapsible dish tubs for washing dishes. My gray water tank is just a 5 gallon bucket with a hole cut in the lid to fit the drain hose tightly.

9F86AEE9-11F8-4CD3-8A4D-EC587DC104FB.jpeg

Rik Peery and CivilizedOne like this.
  9. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

10. John Maiani

John Maiani New Member

I just ordered an aluminum table.It's 2x4 ft.I have a tub that resembles a sink,I'm going to mount a spikot on the side with a drain hose to my gray water container tank (Cat Litter Jug)

Rik Peery likes this.