Outlets stopped working

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by SimonSenz, Jul 18, 2019.

1. SimonSenz

SimonSenz Member

We are at a site. Plugged in the heated mattresses for the first time. This morning the outlets are not working but interior lights are fine. We are plugged to a thirty amp. I flicked our breakers but no luck. Is it a fuse? How to tell which fuses to change?

2. BigAl

BigAl Member

Did the outlets work initially, then stopped? Could your lights be running off the battery and shore power is out?

I don't believe any of my outlets are fused, just the breakers. Is your GFCI outlet tripped?

3. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

In addition to what BigAl said check the campground pedestal breaker also.

jmkay1 likes this.
  4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I second the above post. Check the campground power first. Many of the places I camp they flip the breaker at the post to off if the site is unoccupied. I've also had it where there wasn't enough power to power the full 30 amps. The campground breaker tripped soon after. Apparently the campground circuit was overloaded. Too many people had their AC and fans running full power. That was a mess and a lot of angry campers.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

This is why I carry a Electrical Ground Checker / Circuit Tester / Grounding Plug
    Electrical Ground Checker - Circuit Tester - Grounding Plug.png

WVhillbilly and Raycfe like this.
  6. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

When checking breakers, be sure to flip them fully off first, then on. If they are tripped, they won’t usually reset without first being turned off.

7. liz.s

liz.s New Member

Our outlets and fridge stop working when our son pushed the gfci test button without anyone noticing.

8. 1REDBEARD

1REDBEARD Active Member

Mine did the same on our first trip out. I was freaking out and thinking the worst. Like others are saying though I found that our gfi tripped.