Outside Fan

Discussion in 'General Camper Setup / Take Down' started by Dammitjim, May 28, 2015.

1. Dammitjim

Dammitjim New Member

I don't know if this is the right sub-forum, but searching for this was very hard, so I'm just going to ask.

What do you guys use for an outside/outdoor fan? Like a fan you use when sitting at the picnic table while having dinner and it's horribly hot and humid and the mosquitoes are buzzing around your ear as they bite you?

I am about to buy a 20" box fan at HD, but I don't know if that's something that is going to last me or if it's going to be a good setup. We are going to the keys in a couple of weeks and I know we'll need this thing. We have an HTT, but we don't spend much time in the camper.

Thanks!

2. BTB

BTB New Member

We use one or two fans outside. Here is a link to the ones we have http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/32512167?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222228021601028&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=52315843215&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=79416562815&veh=sem. They work great for us.

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Never heard of or ever saw anyone using a fan outside until we visited Nashville a couple years ago .. The one family (very well could have been a modern version of the Clampets) in our campground were using one of those huge industrial fans (think the large size fire departments use to evacuate smoke from buildings) ..

Since that trip, when we have used a fan outside, its just one of those small 15 inch table top models...

4. efehser

efehser New Member

I use one of These. It's strong enough to keep tucked near the camper and still keep the picnic table/seating area bug free, small enough to tuck into the closed pup.

5. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

Fantastic Vent Endless Breeze. It operates on 12vdc and that is always available but 120vac is not.

6. Milktrk

Milktrk New Member

We have a 20 inch box fan that has a "rain" sensor so it will shut off if it gets wet. I inherited this fan when we got our old camper and we make sure it comes with us during the buggy/muggy months so we can have a little enjoyment without the flies and mosquitos.

7. Fleetwood Max

Fleetwood Max Member

We also use a fan outside when it starts getting hot and buggy. Our first one was the Wind machine from walmart.. like BTB posted but it finally quit working. so got the industrial 20 incher from walmart like efehser posted and it works great also...and just this last weekend I saw campers using a box fan like a ceiling fan, under a easy up..it was held up there by small bungee cords.. I like that idea and think we will probable do that also...

8. Dammitjim

Dammitjim New Member

WOW, that is such a great idea!!! I'll have to look into the box fan idea and bungees (can't ever have too many bungees... or duct tape).
    I just don't know if the box fan will blow as well as the others mentioned. Some of the other fans sound like turbines!
    FYI... I need coverage for a family of 8 (so both sides of the picnic table) and including the legs where the mosquitoes like to roam.

9. sawdusty

sawdusty San Antonio

I know this is an old post but, I use the box fan as a ceiling fan in the easy up canopy. It works great that way, just don't put it too high up there or it won't work very well. I take 3 box fans when I go camping. I can't sleep without air blowing on me.