Hello all, thought I would start a thread on a project i'v been slowly working on. Recently picked up the pace and looking to get into the woods again soon. This all started a few years back, deteriorating back had tent camping unenjoyable anymore, which then led to the purchase of a Roof Top Tent (RTT). Quickly realized the RTT was also not the answer as I don't sit in camp very much opting to get out and see the sights. Then I found a thread on expeditionportal detailing a few Colorado builds. I wanted one.. Took awhile but I found a local ad for an 87 Colorado. Guy was selling his dad's camper which had a recent canvas replacement. Problem was it sat for a few years with a travel cover that had leaked.. heavily. Seller was well aware of it's condition, and asking was appropriate. I bought it for the canvas.. hoping the rest of the hardware/bows etc were still usable. They weren't.. some bows were heavily rusted and/or badly bent. Towed it home.. put it behind garage and tarped it. Another year goes by as i'm looking for another local Colorado or someone parting one. One day I logged into this forum and found an ad by @rich2 selling his 88 Coleman Colorado. After a lil back and forth I purchased it from a few pics. Rich was honest about it's condition and was the better camper to start my build on. Drove up to see him and dragged it home.. smiling the whole way. In early 2017 I dragged it to my son's house in NJ, we tore it completely apart. Started by modifying the frame, suspension and axle. Then his marriage started going south and it sat till the fall when I went and brought it home. Work through the winter was nothing more than replacing the tongue and painting it. Few months ago I got back to work on it, it's a bit further than the current pics will show but i'll get caught up if there seems to be an interest in following along. So, i'm not the established campground kinda guy.. this build is intended to get me deeper into the woods than most would drag a pup to. Picture National Forest two track roads.. and that's where I can be found. OK, so here's the camper as purchased from Rich. Once torn down we started by replacing the axle with a Dexter 3500#, new leaf springs with a shackle to eliminate the slipper springs. Axle is non cambered and bolted in spring over to gain some height towing it behind the Jeep. Modified the frame by adding additional crossmembers, and built boxes infront and behind the axle along the sides for more support. As I tore down the Colorado's it became apparent floors were bowed down outside the original rails by the box's weight itself.. this had to be fixed if I expected it to not do so again on forest roads. Then it sat... and sat.. till I brought it home.