PA - Pickerel Point CG at Promised Land SP

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by sebring96hbg, Sep 11, 2012.

1. sebring96hbg

sebring96hbg New Member

We got the last electric, non-walk-in site at Pickerel Point for Columbus Day Weekend. We are going to bring the canoe and fishing poles. The CG just reopened a couple of months ago; so, I am looking forward to checking it out plus all the possible activities. I am hoping it will be [SUN].

2. sebring96hbg

sebring96hbg New Member

We had some fun at PLSP in the Poconos. We joined the fall paddle which turned out to be extreme because of the winds. We hiked Conservation Island and Little Falls Trail. And, of course, we fished. But the highlight was viewing the peak fall foliage whether by car or by canoe. Seeing it mirrored on the lake was stunning. The big surprise was seeing two bald eagles fly over us during the fall paddle.

We camped at Pickerel Point which is perhaps the model PA state park campground for the moment. We put our stabs down on site 118 which enjoys plenty of buffer between sites. The washhouse was well thought out, including slightly larger shower stalls compared PA's other recently built washhouses from the last four years.

We were there for three days and three nights. The weather was mostly cloudy and cool to chilly. An evening rain one night provided a good excuse to retire early after hiking and paddling earlier in the day. The last two Columbus Day weekends were spent at Leonard Harrison SP by the PA Grand Canyon which is another fall foliage gem. PLSP is definitely in the fall rotation.