PA Reservation System changed.

Discussion in 'Reservation Systems' started by Old_Geezer, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

As of early February, The PA DCNR has changed the State Park reservation system to a different format. Although the previous system/website was in actuality operated by ReserveAmerica, the new system/website will look more familiar to people who have used ReserveAmerica before. If you had reservations made prior to Feb of 2015, you're going to want to call and verify them again, as your reservation may or may not show up on the new system. (Even if it does not show up immediately it is not lost or canceled). Reservations I made last year for 2015 did not show up, and I had to also change user names and the password which was easily done with an email or two to the ReserveAmerica folks. One nice thing is the log in info now works system wide for anywhere ReserveAmerica operates. Also to be noted other than the change of format there are no added or increased fees........................................yet.

As far as it being better as they say, that remains to be seen. Some of the parks that had actual site pictures do not have them anymore, hopefully that's just a transition thing and they will be added back later. I can also confirm that any of the information regarding site sizes and length of equipment was just transferred from the old website to the new. DO NOT consider that information to be accurate for the most part.

PA DCNR Press Release

2. LevyFamily

LevyFamily New Member

The new interface is not as valid as the old system. Is it reserved? Is it available? I am not happy with the changes! [:(]

3. wolfwalkerpa

wolfwalkerpa New Member

I think the reservation system needs to hire new people or change it to something better. The wife booked three nights at Parker dam only to find out that the person that did the booking reserved 2 nights at one camp site and the third night a day later at a different sight, Still charged 10.00 to remove the third night. Something is broke...