PahaQue awning

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Yacoma99, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Yacoma99

Yacoma99 Member

Anyone have any experience with the Pahaque A-frame visor (awning)? I’m thinking about buying one for my Ranger 12 but concerned about how long the setup and take down takes.

Rik Peery likes this.
  2. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Considered one for the Ranger 10, but the weren't making them at the time; they have a video of the initial set up, looks fairly simple...my main concern was getting slammed by wind away from the camper, & wouldn't try to take down the Aliner in a strong wind to begin w/...I emailed 'em last year, the dude said they should be OK up to a 30 mph breeze, but never check & see if they started making one for the 10'. Would for sure be handy to have a canopy/awning...

Yacoma99 likes this.
  3. Yacoma99

Yacoma99 Member

PahaQue does make one for the 10ft now. I worry about the wind effects on the awning and camper too. I haven’t been able to find a setup video and the instructions on their website are for a different model awning then they have for sale now. I emailed the company about the instructions.

Rik Peery likes this.
  4. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Knew I'd seen a vid lol, finally found this one for a Rockwood, think Diamond Girl on this site put it up awhile back, thinking the process would be the same as an Aliner?

Enigmacamper, BillyMc and Yacoma99 like this.
  5. Yacoma99

Yacoma99 Member

Thanks for finding that video!

Rik Peery likes this.
  6. Lost in Space

Lost in Space Active Member

I have the Paha-Que awning, bigger than the visor, that comes down to the ground and stakes down there. I love it. Room for a couple of chairs out of the rain and lets me cook outside. Since it is tied down well, and I have cross support poles on the A-walls inside, I don't feel it puts any stress on the camper, a concern I have heard mentioned about the visors in particular.

7. Flyboyonyoursix

Flyboyonyoursix New Member

Way over priced imo and doesn’t cover much....

Thomas Meek and DiamondGirl like this.
  8. cyclesteve

cyclesteve Member

I have this awning. This was the first time setting it up. I was in the drive way and I did not have the ends moved in close enough the raise the height. I have yet to set it up while camping.

Attached Files:

Blackripley likes this.
  9. Enigmacamper

Enigmacamper Active Member

I'm wondering how much of the campsite it would actually shade, or is it more just to shade the front windows?

Also, for any mamas out there, how cute would this be with some fringe on it? Just me???

10. Stephen Schmitt

Stephen Schmitt New Member

95C46242-36D8-492C-99F2-062FFA51E0D7.jpeg
    We really like this larger PahaQue awning. It sets up quickly adds a lot of covered space for cooking or just for hanging out outside. It is pretty solid and will put up with some wind I would not leave it up if I planned to be gone for quite awhile.

11. Dnodoz

Dnodoz New Member

12. jackquontee

jackquontee Active Member Diamond Supporting Member

Sadly, that was my experience when I bought one several years ago for an Aliner Scout I had at the time. Ended up replacing it with one of those instant pop up awnings to get the shade I needed. Couldn't tell you what I did with the PahaQue. Looked cute, though.

13. David Blackwell

David Blackwell Member

We have the Pahaque Sun Visor for our Aliner. Since our purchased in July 2017, we've used it 4-5 times and it's holding up very well. The awning has made a huge difference with rain and sun. The trailer came with a 2-3' strip of velcro (on both sides of the "A") for attaching the awning. I later removed that in favor of longer 5' foot strips from Home Depot. Getting the old glue off, polishing the aluminum with almost pure ethanol, and using a roller was key to ensuring the best adhesion. Once the new velcro was installed, putting the visor on takes maybe 5-10 minutes, same for taking it off. Generally, once it's installed for a particular trip (multiple campsites), I tend to leave it on. I can remove the extension support rod from the awning, fold the material along the side panel and close up the trailer. Dropping and setting it back up add less than 5 minutes to the whole process. That does not include, maybe an additional 5-10 minutes, to install/removed the support poles to keep the awning from dropping down or flipping up due to wind. P.S. I can certainly see some advantages to the new 2019 Pahaque style of awning vs. loss of view.

Attached Files:

14. Myotherfamilyaredogs

Myotherfamilyaredogs New Member

Which model is this?

15. Dnodoz

Dnodoz New Member

16. Dnodoz

Dnodoz New Member

We have had the Pahaque awning for our 12' Aliner Classic for 2 years. Only use it when we can't find a shady spot so it's been setup 4 times.

We have found that it needs additional tiedowns on top of the poles and ropes going to the trailer frame. Any kind of wind and it tries to flip up like the brim of a hat. Solved this by running a tiedown rope from each of the existing 2 poles to the ground out in front of the awning. That solved the problem and now it can stay out until the wind really begins to blow hard.

Setup takes about 10 - 15 minutes now that we are used to it.

If you go with the awning don't make our mistake. We left a window open in the rain and the awning funneled the water right through the open window. Totally our fault for not looking. No serious problem but had to quickly dry out the sofa bed.

Not as easy as an auto awning on a motorhome but nice to have when you're stuck in a spot with no shade. Covers the entire side of our Classic and plenty of room for a couple of chairs. Our Cool-cat is on the door side so it is a little loud sitting out when the A/C running.