PahaQue side tent questions

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Timmy V, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Timmy V

Timmy V Member

Does anyone else have one?

https://pahaque.com/collections/tra...-chalet-rockwood-jayco?variant=32270882209871

I just ordered one and have some questions I probably should have asked before I pulled the trigger, but they sell out in minutes so I went ahead.

1. How snuggly does it fit against the camper?
    2. What holds it to the camper walls?
    3 Is it air/weather/bug tight especially at the bottom, around the steps and below the camper?

Thanks!

2. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Had the 7x7 for our teardrop that fit pretty good & was well made; we considered one for our Aliner when we had it but ended up selling it...they used to have a good video on installing the velcro & set up if you can find it

Timmy V likes this.
  3. Rik Peery

Here's a vid on the velcro etc, may wanna contact Pahaque & see if they have a specific vid...

4. Timmy V

Timmy V Member

Thanks - the Web site has an instruction sheet that shows how to attach the top part via Velcro to the top of the sidewall, but nothing about the sides or bottom (around the wheel, etc.).

Rik Peery likes this.
  5. Hilldweller

Hilldweller Well-Known Member

I had their teardrop model too, 10x10, and it didn't fit my offroad teardrop well; the hole for the door didn't line up because my 'drop sat much higher than a grandpa teardrop.
    I've contacted them about their awning and they said it wouldn't work with Aliner's high wind kit ---- and I doubt this tent would either. My Aliner is also the lifted version which would likely piss off the tent.

Timmy V likes this.
  6. Rik Peery

We got lucky lol, found our 7x7 on Walmart of all places for around $200, decent fit on the Boondock Edge XL, although we didn't experience hard rain/wind on any trips. I kept it when we sold the 'drop back in June, handy changing/crapper room if needed...

Hilldweller likes this.
  7. Hilldweller

Don't get me wrong ---- I liked the tent. Set it up a sum total of one time and enjoyed it fully. It used suction cups around the door to mate to the trailer.
    But it was a huge PITA to put up and take down so I sold it to a buddy that had a normal Little Guy trailer. And he left it in the trailer when he traded that one in for an Aliner. That he traded for a huge TT later.

I bought and still use a commercial grade EZ-Up instead. I used to put it up over the galley of the teardrop. Now, with the Aliner, I just put it up where-ever I want shade or shelter.

DiamondGirl and Rik Peery like this.
  8. Rik Peery

yep, that's why we got the 7x7, pal cussed his 10x10 every time he put it up lol...

DiamondGirl and Hilldweller like this.
  9. Timmy V

Timmy V Member

Yeah - we bought the Aliner to “graduate” from tent camping and here I am buying a gigantic tent [LOL].

10. Rik Peery

Lol...think once you get the velcro/tabs installed, it'll be easier; nice to have if you're staying 4 days or more...

DiamondGirl and Timmy V like this.
  11. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ

We went with an EzUp for our Aliner Classic. It was cost effective. I bought sidewalls from Amazon and that gave us more privacy and protection against rain. I also applied waterproofing treatment before each camping season. My brother bought the 10x10 from Costco with sidewalls. He has had it for 4 years and it’s in good condition. I lost a couple of them at the lake from monsoons throughout the years. If I had to do it over, I’d still use an EzUp.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

Timmy V and Rik Peery like this.
  12. Michele S

Michele S New Member

do you know if the EZ-UP shelter fits over the Aliner door? upload_2021-9-24_10-8-45.png

13. Hilldweller

Not mine --- but I have the offroad package and door sits pretty high.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  14. AndrewM

AndrewM New Member

I have been using a tarp with a seasucker suction cup to the top of the a-frame. It has worked pretty well thus far.

Rik Peery likes this.
  15. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ

My Classic was an off road model too. It was lifted for ground clearance. We used to place the canopy close too but not too close so the door still had room to open.

I tried using a suction cup with handles, paracord and tarp. But it was pulling on the fiberglass and causing damage. It leaves lifted spots from the suction. Plus it wasn’t strong enough to withstand winds. Just kept failing.

For us, using an EzUp canopy was the cheapest and best alternative.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

Hilldweller likes this.
  16. KeepsakePaps

KeepsakePaps Member

I bought the Paheque canopy for my Aliner Expedition and just love it. Since it is only the canopy, cannot keep out any critters from underneath. I don't advise getting the optional front panel because one must have the canopy erected just so for the panel to be able to fit. I bought it but probably won't use it. My Expedition is the off-road model, so rides high. I, unfortunately, am short.... But with the help of a step ladder I found that standing on the non-door side while the side wall is still resting in the down position enables me to adhere the canopy velcro with the velcro installed on the side wall. I 'squish' it together for as far as I can reach, then repeat the process on the door side. Then I go under the canopy and raise and secure the door side wall (the canopy just comes up with it). Then insert the center pole and finally stake out the edges. The coverage area is huge and totally waterproof. Mine has also held up to strong winds. Had it up while Hurricane Ida passed by but I was only experiencing the very outer edges. The canopy has loops along the side walls so you can tie up the side edges and just let the wind pass through rather than becoming a sail. Just wanted to see how it would hold up... I love the area it covers. I have plenty of room for my dog's pen and for my chair and a small table and still have room to walk to the door. Love it but would pass on the optional front panel if I had it to do again. Got it in a moment of weakness....

DiamondGirl likes this.
  17. Hilldweller

Pictures?

18. KeepsakePaps

KeepsakePaps Member

Camp at Lake Gaston Aug 2021.jpg Camping at Lake Gaston Aug 2021.jpg

19. Hilldweller

I just broke down and ordered this:
    https://pahaque.com/collections/trailer-shades/products/a-frame-awning-new-for-2019
    I ordered the optional front door thingie too ---- we camp over the winter and I can see it being used quite a bit with the patio heater inside.

I'll let you all know how well it works. Says it will be a while before it ships. I'd really like to have it for Thanksgiving; we'll be in the mountains all week.

20. UpNorth-John

UpNorth-John Member

Reminds me of the "add-a-rooms" they used to sell for pop-ups - I still have mine. Some tricks about set -up: attach to the top before raising it, them throw it on the roof until the roof it set, then pull it back down and set up. This is more important on a flat-roofed pop-up.

While it does complicate the set-up and tear-down, We really like the extra 8x8 enclosed space. It serves as a sitting/cooking and occasionally extra sleeping area.