We used a heat gun to remove our decals, and it worked like a dream. Just finished painting the camper and are trying to find new decals that we like but won't cost us a small fortune. We used high performance urethane automotive paint in a paint gun to paint it, and I LOVE how it turned out. DH even did some body work to repair the hole the PO put in it when he was trying to pry the door open. Said he left the keys home, but I'm pretty sure it was because the old Coleman lock was finicky and wouldn't open. Oh, well! The camper looks brand new now--and I'm super picky. Have to say, I'm pretty impressed with DH's skills... I guess I'll keep him around.