Palomino Colt Followed Me Home This Week

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by tntimeshare, Mar 16, 2018.

1. tntimeshare

tntimeshare New Member

Traded into this Vanguard Palomino Colt. The PO had the top popped up when I got to his house. We got it lowered down but not closed and tent inside. Tied it down to haul home. Tried to lift top up on my own but this thing is heavy. Rigged up a gantry out of a carport frame and used some ratchet straps to get one end up in a locked position. Can see most of the cables in the lift arms are loose. Will see what shape it's in once I get it opened up. Needs work, but my current investment is low. Not sure of year. Anyone have a link with VIN info? Am finding a lot of useful info here and on the web. Got it covered up to maybe give it a chance to to start airing/drying out as it's been closed up for years. Possible rain and thunderstorms tomorrow, and tornado threat Monday. To be cont... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We had an ‘84 Palomino Shetland. The VIN was scribed on a plate on the A-frame.
    The cables in our lifter arms were bad, and by the time we did a renovation all but one of the arm springs were broken. We ended up replacing the arms with the C & R ones from Canvas Replacements.

tntimeshare likes this.