Palomino Owners

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by pej, May 18, 2014.

1. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Any rv dealer or online retailer will sell those fridge vent covers... FYI all the controls in that compartment are for the fridge, not for electric service ..

CurtO likes this.
  2. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

Hi, I have a 2009 palomino y series.we bought in April, had a lot of questions that dealer didn't answer. I wound up calling Palomino RV directly in. Colon, MI. Here is the number: 269-432-2516 or try emailing at ryoder@forestriverinc.com. Good luck

3. Apherman89

Apherman89 New Member

Hey guys! I just got a 1989 palomino MXL hard side and i have a question about the bed rails/slides. On one end of the trailer the bed slides completely out of the track on one side of it and i cant seem to find a way to prevent it, any tips? Diy fixes?

4. SilverDoe91

SilverDoe91 New Member

E74BE375-BE82-4455-B22A-8EB80BC23936.jpeg Hey there! I’ve recently purchased a new to me ‘07 Palomino Pony 280LTD. It's a bit of a size adjustment from my old 12 foot PUP. Anyone have some cool outside storage additions that they’ve made?

5. Turboman

Turboman New Member

Me and my wife are currently in the process of redoing our ‘94 palomino mustang DD. We’re “upgrading” From a Jayco eagle for our family of 5

6. baglady38462

baglady38462 New Member

I just got a fixer-upper Palomino Yearling and I need to know what year it is. I don't have a title and most of the factory stickers are missing.

7. Lstrebig

Lstrebig New Member

2007 Palomino Yearling
    Does anyone know how much weight each bed end can support ? I’m looking for a manual as none came with when we bought it. I haven’t had any success Searching on line.
    Thanks

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  8. Meaux Valle

Meaux Valle New Member

i have a 1987 Palomino. I do have the original manual. I need to repair the sides of the roof, the wood has rotted. I thought i had seen a repair job on this. if anyone can point me in the right direction. I would greatly appreciate it. thank you!

Fluper likes this.
  9. Christine Hanemann

Christine Hanemann New Member

Hi All. New PUP owner of 1990 Palomino pony and happy to have this group. Our pony has a different lift system that is arms that we “pull or push toraise or lower the trailer Question...two front arms have a short cable between the scissor part but the back two do not is this normal or should we look at replacement cables for the back? It seems to go up and down no problem and is stable thanks for the help!! 92AACF27-0F1A-4E9A-84F4-01861DF8A94D.jpeg 24038910-2D30-4D4B-B136-1526758A272B.jpeg

Franky219 likes this.
  10. RhythmScience

RhythmScience Member

We've been out once with our NTU 2013 Palomino Y-Series 4127. I gather we're lucky that the PU included a folder with every single owner's manual. Everything seems to work. Had to replace a fuse to get the 12V stuff to work. There's an indoor shower + cassette toilet. The first time I tried the shower, water began pouring from the hot side low point drain underneath. It took me a while to figure out there's an access panel inside the front storage trunk--I just had to access & tighten a fitting.

The front bunk end isn't easy to slide. There's a brown plastic flap stapled along the top of the front and back wall under each bunk end. I think it's there to keep bugs, etc. from coming in under the bunk ends, but seems to be impeding the bunk sliding. Anyone else have trouble with that?

The only other real issue is that it's hard to get the right side of the slide-out dinette to lock into place.

11. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

With the canvas off, look down at the lock.. if it's like mine was the metal tab the lock should grab might be too short. The right lock on ours would pop off all the time.. I tried a few things and finaly just used a 4 inch wide trucking strap right around the whole trailer to keep the slide out from ever possibly sliding out. Also used the same strap to hold the awning bag tight so it didn't bounce around.

Try lubing the bed slides helped on ours.

12. RhythmScience

RhythmScience Member

Thanks. Actually, the issue is that it's hard to latch when it's pulled out when we're setting up. Inside, there are latches on each side at the bottom that look like they'd normally hold a privacy fence door closed. One latches easily and the other takes a bit of doing.

I read on PUP about lubing bed slides, but I'm still not clear on exactly what people do. I have silicone spray, but it makes kind of a mess. Do people just spray the center of the rollers? Spray all along the outside of the metal rails attached to the bunks? Spray the inside of the things those slide into? I went over the metal rail of the difficult one with steel wool to smooth a bit and rubbed it with a candle, which I assume is less likely to make a mess on our bedding. We'll see what happens.

13. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Oh those silly latches , we never really bothered with them..
    Yes a dry silicone lube , spray the bed sliders.

RhythmScience likes this.
  14. KWC

KWC New Member

2008 Palomino Pony Water System Question...

In the below photo, the water hook up to the left is for the water tank and the one to the top right is for “city water.” What’s the male contention just below the city water for?
    upload_2020-9-7_21-42-35.jpeg

15. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Sink drain.. connect a short piece of hose and run it into a 5 gallon bucket, empty in proper location .

16. KWC

KWC New Member

I should have been able to figure that one out....thanks

17. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

While a bucket will work, a blue "aquatainer" will give you a closed container. You can either run a hose with no end into the hole in the cap with the spigot removed, or the cap is actually threaded for a male hose fitting.

Holds 7 gallons too.

18. Franky219

Franky219 New Member

19. Franky219

Franky219 New Member

I'm looking at at a camper with same system. Can one person set it up?

20. Fluper

Fluper New Member

Do you happen to have some pictures you can upload?