Palomino Owners

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by pej, May 18, 2014.

1. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

I just got a 99 Colt!

2. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

I have a 1999 Colt. The canvas needs cleaning. Any idea how to go about taking it off? Or would it be better to clean it while it's still attached?

3. popupprotege

popupprotege New Member

I figured it's about time that I add to this thread. I purchased a 1982 Palomino Colt a few months ago and cannot wait to start my remodel. PO already had most of it gutted as he was going to use it as a project camper. Right now it sits with no kitchen area as it was rotted. It also does not have any of the systems in it. PO had removed everything already to check and test them. He didn't get far. As of right now I am debating keeping it completely primitive with no water or electric. PO was not original owner and surprisingly did have the original manual for all the systems in the pup.

4. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

You should scan it in for the database here. Ask Steve.

5. TraceyN

TraceyN New Member

I just bought a Palomino Yearling. It needs cosmetic stuff but otherwise in good shape. I am looking for the manual. It's a 2005 yearling, model 2124, the model with the toilet and shower. If anyone has a copy please let me know. Thanks!

6. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

All your going to find is the generic manual that covers all of Palomino's trailers (pup's, HTT's, TT's etc.) due to a fire they had back in the late 2000's.

Lebowski16 likes this.
  7. JanieBellK

JanieBellK New Member

8. JanieBellK

JanieBellK New Member

I'm new to this website....couldn't figure out how to post a question for other Palomino owners. Help, PLEASE!

9. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Scroll down to the category where your question will best fit (camp driveway, mods, lift systems, etc)... click on that category, then click "start new thread".

10. JanieBellK

JanieBellK New Member

Thanks!

11. Ray Modlin

Ray Modlin New Member

We bought a 2007 Yearling 4120 a couple weeks ago. Been cleaning and repairing a few minor issues. Planning to take it out the week before Memorial Day for our first trip. So far it seems very comfortable. I think we'll enjoy it.

12. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

We just purchased a 2009 palomino y series. Havent tried yet but most of our camping will be dry camping. We installed a new battery, replaced some fuses in the converter. Switched the lights on and nothing! Someone had mentioned to try flipping the switch for the water heater and for some reason the lights went on. Not sure why this worked.

13. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

Just purchased a 2009. Haven't even used it yet and one of the clips came off. Found a nice place to let the door rest when not in use. It will stay there unless I come up with something else. Let me know if you do.

14. clbortiz

clbortiz New Member

Hi everyone. New here and new to pop up camping. We bought a 2011 Palomino y-4104 and for the life of us cannot figure out how to run lights on the battery power. Is there a switch somewhere to convert to battery powered source?

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  15. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

We purchas a 2009, Palomino Y Series, model 4102, this past April, 2019. We have been accumulating our supplies, including the new 12 volt deep density RV battery. Our previous battery had a 15 A fuse installed but wphave learned that we could upgrade to a30A. It came with more than we needed for two senior campers but we're learning. All new vinyl was installed so it's in good shape. Deciding whether we should waterproof the seams on the vinyl or not. Hoping to make our first camping trip ( kinda locally) I a couple weeks. Any suggestions would be great. Backing up? We just bought side mirrors that clip onto ours. Seems everyone struggles with this

16. Crc310

Crc310 New Member

Last fall we acquired a Palomino Pinto 1991 pup! It has its issues but has been functional. We have used it twice this fall and once this weekend. The T-bar (I apologize, new to campers and don’t know names of everything yet) that keeps the slide out/ bunk end from pulling out too far, got caught on the sink hose that came loose (I removed the sink/ stove part afterward, which was planned anyway). Half of the T-bar under the sliding bunk end got pulled loose. I applied silicone to the bar and the screws. It worked for camping this time. Got home and popped it back open and the bar cane loose again. I can’t put in larger or longer screws as it screws upward into the plywood bunk end... I can’t make new holes without taking the camper apart, might as well just buy another pup...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  17. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

> might as well just buy another pup
    Well that escalated quickly lol.

If you post some pics of the damage maybe we can help. I had to repair something similar on my 2005 palomino last fall and got something working.

Crc310 likes this.
  18. Crc310

Crc310 New Member

[LOL]

19. Kate Horsley

Kate Horsley New Member

We are being given my parent 1986 Palomino Pony Popup. Excited to adventures like we have growing up. Anyone have any suggestions for storing outside (covers, what to put under tires, etc.), how to combat the heat since an air conditioner can not be added to this model, and help with the braces since it is a 2 person job?

20. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

We purchased a Carter cover 5 years ago and it's still going strong... a little dirty but otherwise perfect. I put nothing under the wheels except dirt.

For heat, we usually just use bunk-end fans. If we're going on a longer trip where it's going to be really hot, and have shore power (those 3 things happen pretty rarely together) we'll bring along a portable AC and run the hoses between a bunk-end window and the screen.