Paper towel holder

Discussion in 'Pots, Pans, Grills, Other Cookware / Cleaning & Fo' started by Mariah Meredith, May 11, 2020.

1. Mariah Meredith

Mariah Meredith Member

What does everyone use as a paper towel holder??

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

When i had the pup , i had them on the shelf i build over the sink.

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

4. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

B3B3C88E-7B69-43A7-9AC1-43A027E889A6.jpeg
    I have a tension shower rod that holds a clothing organizer up. I attached 2 cords to hand a dowel with carabiners on the ends. Easy to reach.
    The picture shows it being hung by a hanger not the dowel.

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

For travel I have it in a cabinet under the sink. Similar to @Natureangel I have an organizer I hang on a tension rod in front of the bunk. I cheat and just put the paper towels in that but I do like the idea of using bungies and a rod or a hanger.

6. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

I just use a stand type. I did learn to use one that raises the paper towel off the counter, after I tiped over a glass on water and it soaked the roll. We had little space in either pup (one was 6', the other 8') for any type of holder. When we bought the first one used, it had a paper towel holder mounted inside one of the few doors in the galley (a flip down door) but it was a pain to use.
    One handy thing about having a stand holder is that it's easy to grab it to take outside as needed. There is a Camco one that mounts, but is removable for such uses, but we don't have a place for it in our current small TT. We do have upper cupboards, but no more counter space than we did in the popups (we removed the sinks in those to add counter space).

7. Nicole721

Nicole721 Member

Our PUP is old and we have a wooden wardrobe. Not sure PUP's still have them but we have our paper towel holder mounted onto that as well as two towel bars for kitchen towels.

8. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I use a bar installed on my tension shelving to hold a paper towel roll. Small mini bungie on top to keep it from unrolling. Also gives it enough tension to easily rip a sheet off without trouble.

FAC4C5D4-1B66-487D-8EA9-BEACF6B4E7C7.jpeg

9. jonkquil

jonkquil Active Member

@ sneezer Wow! that's quite the set up!

10. jonkquil

jonkquil Active Member

I have mine on a shelf for now, but that might change. Screenshot_20200728-175238_Gallery.jpg

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  11. Sneezer

Thanks. Creature comforts factor pretty heavily into my camping. This was also when we were camping for 10 days in one place. Weekend trips don't get the full experience!

HappyTraveler likes this.
  12. jonkquil

jonkquil Active Member

Funny you say that, I'm headed out next week for an 8 night camp trip, most I've ever done is 4 nights! Due to covid & not being able to fly any where for a vacation, we will get the full on camping experience this year. I'm excited & nervous as I like my comforts too, I just hope my pup kitchen is as stocked as yours!

13. Sneezer

Plan your meals, map out what you need, and try to have lunch feed off the leftovers from a prior meal. Figure out all the items you need to cook your menu - how many burners needed at once, pots, pans, utensils, etc. Then start filling in the gaps, or adjust the menu to fit what you can bring to coook with. It takes a lot of trial and error to figure out what to bring. I am still changing what goes in and what stays, and I have had mine for 5 or 6 years now.

Enjoy the trip, and stay safe/healthy!

14. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

our paper towel is threaded over the closet rod just under the peak of our roof (wind brace doubling as a light bar)