Pappas got a new cycling toy.

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Other Activities' started by RhinoDave, Mar 30, 2011.

1. RhinoDave

RhinoDave Active Member

Just finished building up a new touring bike for those solo trips I need to take occassionaly. It's replacing a Bianchi Cross bike that was set up for touring but it is really a cyclocross bike with not quite the right frame geometry. Bought the frame for cheap from Nashbar and used mostly parts I had laying around. I'm not much for giving inamimate objects names but at almost 27 lbs for a road bike, I think "Brutus" would be a good one. Can't wait to log some breakin miles.
    [​IMG]

2. adamteja

adamteja New Member

Nice!
    If I get any more bikes my wife will kill me.

3. jshulenberger

jshulenberger New Member

Nice set up! Love the 6-Pack holder on the front!

We are down to 5 bikes between the wife and I and will keep it that way for a while. we each have a road, and leisure/trail bike, and one road tandem. Weather looks good over the weekend. I hope you can get out and give Brutus a spin.

4. Yellowkayak

Yellowkayak Popups.....when sleeping on the ground gets to you

When gas prices hit $5.00 a gallon, then you will be glad that bike has two racks on it....great berr...I mean milk and grocery hauler!

JJ

5. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

OOOOO I likeee Dave! One more reason to stop in for a visit/beer when I take the truck for the new wiring harness . . .

6. RhinoDave

RhinoDave Active Member

Well, not too long ago I was up to 12 bikes. I then paired it down to 6 and now this makes 7 so I'm still down a few in my book. Too bad the DW doesn't see it my way. She just shook her head when I told her I was going to build this one. Every guy has to have some kind of hobby. It's getting it's shakedown ride tomorrow. I may even have to test out the bee.... err grocery rack too.

7. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Nice ride,RhinoDave!