Parking at or near Mount Rushmore?

Discussion in 'South Dakota' started by Karenren, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Karenren

Karenren New Member

So reservations have been made, but it seems like I may have not thought our plans all the way through. We are planning on traveling from one campsite in the Badlands to another in the Black Hills. That same day I was planning on going to Mount Rushmore. Problem is we can't park the camper at the campsite until 1pm.
    Can I bring my camper to Mount Rushmore? Is there somewhere I can park the camper while we drive there. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

5CD91A77-928B-4637-923C-DC7C306F9612.png I recall the Parking lot was huge. Lots of folks with trailers. Google earth is a great tool for checking out campsites, roads and parking

3. smit1088

smit1088 Well-Known Member

Rushmore is paid per vehicle. And you can take your camper there. It is a annual permit, so you can go back. If you're staying at a campground around there, Rushmore for breakfast is a good stop.

4. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Yes we were there last month, without our trailer but lots of others there. I swear every 4th vehicle you come across in the Black Hills is pulling a camper of some kind.