Partial floor replacement

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by jjmac, Feb 11, 2018.

1. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

I had the same problem in my Bayside. It was the side opposite of the water heater. It turned out the gasket on the box lid was leaking.

2. ezakoske

ezakoske Active Member

On mine, it was the cracks behind and under the hinge, I believe - same side as yours..Could also be coming in around the access hatch on that side.

3. RPD3D

RPD3D New Member

On my 2001 Coleman Niagra Elite the water heater is in storage box.

ezakoske likes this.
  4. Pete C

Pete C New Member

i know time has passed, but what did you use to build and also weld the front panel replacement? metal and wood type would be helpful as well as any tips. Did you just paint the wood and metal frame you welded with appliance paint? has that been good against the elements? I'm trying to do the same on my 1997 Coleman/Fleetwood Sunridge pup. My front storage box is in horrible shape and not worth the rebuild. Thanks in advance.

5. Libbybeans06

Libbybeans06 New Member

Following these suggestions! This is the mess we are currently dealing with... last picture with the two black panels as where we are so far. Coated both of them with spray truck bed liner so they are water resistant. Trying to figure out how to make the seal for the lid to the base now. Not quite sure how to do that

Attached Files:

6. kmbarreiros

kmbarreiros Member

li
    Nice job, keep up the good work. Was it difficult to remove the beds? I think I am going to do that just to get them out of the way while working on the interior. I also want to figure out how to remove the bump out.

7. Libbybeans06

Libbybeans06 New Member

No it was actually pretty simple. Hubby had them out in about 2 seconds flat. Just a few screws and then you slide the whole thing out with the rail