Pawnee Lake

Discussion in 'Nebraska' started by Gjburkey, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Gjburkey

Gjburkey Member

We took our pup to Pawnee for its maiden voyage last weekend. We stayed at area 2, which is on the west side of the lake. There is only one hookup there, and about 10 tent sites. We had the entire place to ourselves, which was very nice. If we had brought bikes for the children they would have had a nice loop to ride, but we didn't have room to take them.

The downside is that there is no lake access, in fact you can't even see it from this area. The campground on the north side of the lake has more lake access and views, I understand, but we never stayed there.

If you go to Pawnee, be aware that there has been an ongoing issue with toxic blue green algae, and levels are sometimes high enough that beaches are closed.

Fees were $5 per vehicle (unless you have a NE Park permit) and $17 for the hookup (30 amp).

In previous visits I have tried fishing the lake. There are definitely fish there, but often there are so many boats cutting up the lake that I'd prefer to find a quieter lake to fish.

Here's a picture of us at the campground.
    [​IMG]