Paying it Forward

Blkvoodoo

Aug 21, 2011
Not to many folks can say they have a "Spare" camper, but we did. mostly it was one I bought a few years ago and paid way too much for, and knew I'd never get the money back out of it.
My little sister had been talking about getting one for her family, and she can afford to be taken even less than we can. ( live and learn ) so she gets to learn from my mistake.

last Summer DW and I decided we wanted a bigger camper with more amenities ( potty being the big one ) so we popped for a new Flagstaff.

DSCF2373.JPG

tried to trade in the old camper, but they weren't interested. no options, pretty much a tent on wheels with a window unit AC stabbed in the side.
DSCF1179.JPG

it was clean, but small, we hauled it cross country summer of '10 to visit family, and it did well, just small.....

I offered it to my lil sis and her family, all she had to do was come get it. ( IL to NC and back ) so she showed up last weekend, I stuck a hitch on her minivan and wired the lights, taught her how to pull and back up without destroying the van or the camper. showed them how to set it up ( leveling and everything ) and they were all set.
She wanted to remove the AC from the side, so we did.....
DSCF3311.JPG

covered the hole with a piece of sheet steel for the trip home, where she will figure out how to install the smaller AC window unit I sent with it.
DSCF3324.JPG

The Mattsey Mob now has a summer of fun in the works, they arrived home last night safe and sound, and are currently set up in the backyard next to the fire making smores.......as it should be.

campfreak

Super Active Member
Jan 13, 2011
Well done. It's nice to see a happy family that will have some fun with it.

Penny Logan

The traveling teepee in her Dreamcatcher
Apr 21, 2011
It we would all Pay it Forward, the world would be a nicer place. Thanks for sharing. I love the movie Pay it Forward, a real feel good movie.

barb_dave

Super Active Member
Jul 22, 2007
Wisconsin
Thanks for sharing. It's always a good thing to help family or otherwise in such a way that will build lasting memories.

austinm48

http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r604/austinm48
Dec 5, 2011
at least you know what happened to it and not left at a dealer to whomever

especially if you left something in it you know how to get it

Misc99

Super Active Member
Mar 19, 2012
That is so wonderful. It is just as heartwarming as the story from the "where did you get your PUP from" thread. It was the one where the member bought one for her mom as a surprise.

Thanks for sharing!

Where is the heart smiley???? when you need one.

novagirl

retired camper
Jul 13, 2011
GREAT story! Nothing like keeping it in the family....your sister and her kids will have a ball!

papachaz

Super Active Member
Jun 26, 2011
i totally agree, totally a class act. hope they have many happy times in it. i know they'll remember you when they're out in it.

and i also know you didn't post this just to get a bunch of pats on the back, but they are deserved. now, get her signed up here!

Blkvoodoo

Aug 21, 2011
papachaz said:
and i also know you didn't post this just to get a bunch of pats on the back, but they are deserved. now, get her signed up here!

this, I sent her the link to this thread in hopes she would sign up. I've told her a dozen times ( she never listens [:D] )

I've learned a lot here, she will too

Spridle

Super Active Member
Jun 6, 2011
Well done. I think you will be paid back many times over by hearing stories of your sisters family outings in your old pup.

jonkquil

Super Active Member
Jul 20, 2009
What a kind person you are, you should be feeling pretty good with yourself right now [A]