Paynes creek campground(worst experience Ive ever Had)

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by georgiadave, Aug 27, 2012.

1. georgiadave

georgiadave New Member

This has nothing to do with the campground but the wonderful neighbor in the site beside us we cut of trip sort and might sell the pup unless dw changes her mind! first some info We sing in the church choir never had any issues with the law until last night. The dw my 2 little dogs and I went camping At paynes creek on lake Hartwell the park has 2 playgrounds for kids 2 beaches to swim at is dogs friendly and 98% of the campers bring their boats! nice fun place for a family to enjoy! I always abide every rule on every thing But the Dw wife and I had the law called on us twice for disturbing the peace with both times They said we were not and we wasn't! the man next door insisted that any little noise would keep him awake guess not supposed to step on a leave because it bothered him! Just wanted to vent and ask the question! what says no noise to a person that goes camping At a pubilic campground on the lake with 2 play grounds 2 beaches and everybody has a boat The park ranger was nice refunded the money for the rest of our trip and totally agreed he was a very stupid man and anyone that needs complete silence to sleep should either camp in his back yard or in a feild some where not in a public campground guess you just cant fix stupid

2. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

Was this a motor home guy?

3. georgiadave

georgiadave New Member

yes! before the law came the first time he set his alarm off in hes truck for about 30min! but hehe the second time he called them they made him leave they told us we were not bothering anything and stay as long as we liked but Dw was sick of it by then

4. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 Active Member

I wouldn't do anything like selling the camper over this. Poop happens.

5. CarNutCass

CarNutCass Put a little gravel in your travel

Hmmmm.....need more info as to what his complaints wre. Sound travels well at night. We camped next to a church group once...they far exceeded the per-site occupant limit...with no problems. At least not until they decided to sing hymns at 11 PM.

6. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane I'd rather be camping

So let me get this straight. He calls the law twice to complain about you, in the end, he is forced to leave for being a nuisance and you decide to leave out of frustration? Once the neighbor was gone, why would you leave?

7. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 Active Member

^^X2

8. lbdelaney

lbdelaney 1992 Jayco 1206 Deluxe

^^ X 3

9. georgiadave

georgiadave New Member

Because DW said she was going home! we were setting out side talking! there's no way we were bothering him! that's the first time The DW or me has ever had any contact the the law besides a licence check I cant believe you asked why I left Have you been married very long When we got up she looked at me and said we going home !

10. Aladin Sane

I get the feeling your wife may not have been sold on camping to begin with. Is this possible?

My lovely wife and I have been married for 26 years. She may have wanted to leave the campground, but it would only have been to go to another campground. My wife loves to camp, maybe even more than I do (if that is possible).

11. georgiadave

georgiadave New Member

No she loves camping! she got very embarrassed by having to talk to the deputy she works in the court house!

12. Aladin Sane

I guess I don't see the point of being embarrassed. You evidently were not in the wrong. I would have thought working in a court house, she would have been used to dealing with law enforcement officers.

13. georgiadave

georgiadave New Member

didn't embarrass me! I guess I need to take some marriage advise from you because at my house when DW looks at me with that look I dont ask to many questions I personally like home made biscuits and sleeping next to some thing warm and soft at night !

14. Geistak

Geistak New Member

Was it the noise, or the content of the songs that bothered you?

15. georgiadave

georgiadave New Member

I was with wife and 2 little dogs we wasnt singing and the dogs were not barking ! we was sittig around the fire talking!

16. Aladin Sane

Hey, I'm not here to judge how you and your wife interact. From my point of reference, I just didn't understand why the two of you would have gone home after the offending party had left the campground. I hope your wife can get over the trauma of the incident and get back to enjoying camping.

17. trav

trav New Member

Yep, you better sale the camper as fast as you can. No other option here.

18. Travelhoveler

Travelhoveler New Member

Looks can't kill. Perhaps you should ask questions, and discuss the situation together. There was no need to leave once the poopyhead had been sent home.

BTW, homemade biscuits are easy to make. Maybe you should surprise her with some!

19. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Dave, were you and your wife perhaps outside talking during the quiet time? Sound really travels at night when it's quiet and still, especially loud laughter. When did the officers show up and what did they say was the complaint - loud conversation? I'm just sayin' - sound carries at night and late night is more noticeable. We've had loud singing and conversations (with raucous laughter) that kept us up until the early hours a couple times, but we've never complained to the perpetrators! Only once did I yell out the window when a church youth group stayed overnight across the road from us (in FL) and they were having loud fun. It was not fun at 2 AM for us, however, but they finally ran out of joy - or was it my yelling at them? (Amazingly enough, daylight arrived and they were packing up, and the youth leader came around to us and the surrounding campsites offering apologies for any noise the previous night.)

I'm glad the MH jerk left, but nothing at that point would have made us leave. The officers told you there was no problem on your part, so don't sweat it. Hope to see you around some of our beautiful GA CGs. Come over and sing with me - I'm in church choir too! [:D]

20. CarNutCass

CarNutCass Put a little gravel in your travel

The content of the songs was not an issue. If 25 people, gathered 50 feet from my camper, were to sing my favoirite song late at night while my kids were sleeping I'd have a problem with it. I did not call the campground host though.