PDI didn't go so well

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by cfmx, Mar 26, 2014.

1. cfmx

cfmx New Member

Today was the big day we have been waiting for since ordering our new HTT. Our demo was set for today. After driving 2 hours to pickup our camper we found out that they miss schedule our demo for 4/26 instead of 3/26. Was told they couldn't let the camper leave today because it hadn't been prepped yet (testing, battery, propane). And because we bought it thru the internet sales vs at the local dealership the dealership had say on when they have time to prep it. So now it set for demo/pdi next Thursday.
    We figured while we where there we should take a look inside because we hadn't seen the fabric yet in person w/ the color cabinets we chose. When they tried opening the door the door wouldn't unlock. They tried spraying the lock w/ lubricant but no luck. The keys matched the VIN to the camper. So now they have to figure out how to find the right set of keys or replace locks. Makes we wonder if we are suppose to have this camper. lol

2. TravelingFam

TravelingFam New Member

Sorry for the bum luck :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

ouch. Hoping for the best [8D]

4. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Some extras and a free camping trip should be in order....

5. Nandy

Nandy Active Member

bummer!!! Let me tell you about a similar recent experience we had, it is not pup related but still customer service related...
    Wife wanted to revive her rag top... she has a 2001 Mitsubishi Spyder. She decided to use maaco for the paint job and cracked windshied replacement, I was not that amused. $1k total for it and we were told to leave it there monday and they will have it done friday, we agreed since we were not going in our first trip until the following friday. Friday came, no car, it will be monday..... I say ok.... Monday came, car is "ready"... Not so, paint job with multiple defects, now they say they will deliver friday. No cant do, we are out on vacation for 9 days, they wanted us to pay and they will to drop it at the house, we said no, we have to see the car first. We go on vacation, wife is still pissed. Come monday after the vacation.... They only fixed one of the defects!!!! Car stayed, they knocked down 10% and we are told to get it next day, general manager says "I will inspect with a fine comb myself".... tueday come, car looks finally fixed, wife pays, takes off.... Wait, what is that??? Windshield still has crack... OMG, she was about to kill someone. they say they will send glass repair people to her work but when the glass repair person calls they do not have space open until the following week, then when they finally get there they cant replace it because the mouldins will break and someone has to pay for that. Maaco agreed to pay for that.... Still today, 4 days to the month since we started and the job has not been done....

6. highlander70

highlander70 New Member

Your lucky maaco fixed it, I had maaco do some work on one of our old cars years ago and they wouldn't fix the defects in the paint, not only that the paint was several shades off.

7. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Cfmx, Something just is not right with this deal. I know what its like when your getting a new camper but I wouldn't let them push me around. They have dropped the ball numerous times since you ordered it. My gut feeling is they did not order you a camper but sent one they had at one of their other locations and added the options you ordered. Its possible they did not want you to see the inside until the last minute. I would go there next Thursday with guns loaded. I would find out what my options are if I wanted to back out of the deal. Every state is different. If I could not find out on my own I would probably consult an attorney prior to going back which should only be a couple hundred bucks. Your in the drivers seat even after signing papers. I would not let the excitement of the new camper fog my brain into making a bad decision no matter how much I was looking forward to it. No matter what you signed once you tow it off the lot your in a much weaker position with them.

Good Luck

8. cfmx

cfmx New Member

I will see if we can get anything out of it. I really would like to put rain gutter over each bunk end. So maybe I can talk them into that.
    I too wondered about the camper. The sticker on the side shows a manufacturer date of 2/24/14 (Monday) so that seems in line w/ when we order it (12/23/13). I just think they the online fiance person dropped the ball. Every time I talk w/ her she never mixes up me w/ someone else. Says she has too many orders she working with.
    Yes. We have lost a lot of money already when you think of it. Gas, Vacation day, and the cost of cancelling our camping trip this weekend.

9. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

They should have it ready for you the next day if not sooner!!! Ask for a free winterization, you should get it. I am a CSR and do all inspections and PDI's daily. I work for tracker marine and have several walk thru's daily. It is my Job to set up the appointments with customers and MAKE SURE everything is right and ready before pickup. I have over 20 boats ready for delivery right now and make sure they are ready days in advance in case there is something wrong so I can correct it. We are #1 in the company right now out of 75 stores across the U S. We pride ourselves on our customer service. If something is wrong it is fixed and you will be compensated for any delay! I hope you have some better luck when you pick it up!