Peco Campers in Tucker, GA?

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by jeshoffstall, May 23, 2011.

1. jeshoffstall

jeshoffstall New Member

Has anyone dealt with Peco? Seem like very knowledgable, helpful folks. I asked if the had room to move on their prices and they informed me they don't.

Their prices seem fair, but I would like better of course [LOL]

Can anyone share their experience in purchasing new from them?

Thanks,
    Jack

2. Mr_Custom

Mr_Custom Member

We never actually bought our PUP there, just looked at what they had on display. I have purchased lots of parts from them and received useful advice over the phone. Several of my friends highly recommended them as a reputable dealer.

3. micbur

micbur Working on "Camp Burton"...Opening Soon!

Hey there....yes we bought our brand new pup from Peco Campers. They were very friendly and was a very nice experience. They told us to come in to pick up the pup and we spent several hours there. They first showed us how to setup the pup totally and then pack it up and then they let us do it ourselves. They then took the TV with the pup attached for a drive to make sure it was all good and then they let me drive it back to Peco's. I had never owned a pup before and never pulled anything with the TV.

Had a couple of problems during the first season while actually at CG. Gave them a call and they worked me through resolving the problem. Nothing major...one was the first time to use the furnance it would not stay lit. This was due to the propane tank being over filled by the propane dealer. Bled off some of the propane from the tank and it worked great.

Even though we live almost to the GA/AL line I would purchase from them again. We bought the pup in June '09 and have loved it!! :)

4. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Funny you should ask, I don't know anything about them but just yesterday before work I was looking up a a Starcraft AR-One 15 RB just window shopping really. My local Camping World here in New Hampshire a 2011 AR-One 15 RB is listed as such: list price $13,695. sale price $11,955. Peco Campers list a 2012 AR-One 15 RB as follows; list price $12,999. sale price; $9,995. as you can see in the links below. If I were buying, this camper, at this time, I'd make the trip to Georgia, and make coming home an adventure. So I'm inclined to say they've gone all in already with all the discounts and likely don't have any room to do better. To me that is straight up honest business. When I bought the new truck in March my dealer did the same thing, the price on the window reflected every single discount/rebate etc, $9.000 worth. I got all except a $250. business owners discount, and the salesman said it right up front not later in the deal, again straight up honest business, I like that.

http://www.campingworld.com/rvsales/detail.cfm?v=169838
    http://www.rvusa.com/rvs/georgia/peco-campers/2012-starcraft-expandable-trailer-243896#videos

5. Micksc

Micksc New Member

I've been dealing with these folks for several years and really like them. Jeff in the parts Dept. and Julian in Service were very helpful when I replaced the cog and clutch mechanism
    on my Coleman.
    Since I'm in the process of moving [:(O] to the Atlanta area I'll get to deal face to face with these nice people! (If I survive the move, that is....)

6. Don_Bev1972

Don_Bev1972 You're never too old to have a happy childhood!

We bought our new PUP from them a couple of months ago. They were very helpful and friendly. Julian gave us a great briefing on our new camper. haven't needed to call on them since but all aspects of the shopping, sales, and delivery was first class. We couldn't get them to budge on price but there's was already the best we'd found for our selection.

7. 3pillons

3pillons Press hard, Five copies.

Was there three days ago, spent 30 bucks on parts and my friend spent nothing. We both got more than sufficient answers to our questions and they were packed. I will definately be back for future parts purchases. I was pricing a Wingman attachment for my TV antenna and they were at 29 bucks, the place near my house... $48.

8. adamteja

adamteja New Member

I bought my Sun Valley from them. They are pretty straight up and a pleasure to deal with.

-Adam

9. adamteja

adamteja New Member

follow up.

They installed a sway bar (which I got on ebay) and installed a brake controller in my TV (which I bought from them / same price as online) for no additional fee when I picked up my camper.

10. Lee and Lee

Lee and Lee New Member

Jeff,

We had an excellent experience at Peco campers in 2009 when we bought our "barely used" 2006 Fleetwood Cheyenne. They were very knowledgeable and we would definitely recommend them!

Lee and Lee

11. tracker366

tracker366 New Member

Its always nice to here about the good dealer experiences.Sounds like a great dealer wish Illinois had more like.

12. tampajim

tampajim New Member

I have been reading great things about Peco for years, not ever a complaint. They actually have a unit that I'm interested in, the only one in the southeast. Debating traveling up there from Tampa to purchase.