Peel and stick.

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Buckeyechris, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Buckeyechris

Buckeyechris Member

Has anyone use the peel and stick granite for countertops. Looking to redo my cabinets and counter top.

1998 jayco heritage
    02 Dodge Ram

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I'm curious the answer to this too. However my worry is that the temperature fluctuations in the camper would make the sticky less sticky down the road. My office used something like the peel and stick on our brake room counters and they are coming undone. Then again anything would look better than my ugly green counters in my unit. I know people that painted the counter tops, but I don't dare.

3. MrsSquid

MrsSquid Active Member

I found a couple of remodels on The PopUp Princess that used the peel and stick for the counters. Like JMKay, I'm a little concerned about the durability. We've been remodeling our popup and have decided to leave the counter tops alone for awhile. What we have will coordinate with the rest of the stuff we've done and quite frankly, we were more than tired of working on the camper.

http://www.thepopupprincess.com/pop-up-camper-remodel/jacques-pop-up-camper-makeover/

http://www.thepopupprincess.com/pop-up-camper-remodel/carolyns-pop-up-camper-makeover/

4. johnnyboy

johnnyboy New Member

I put some on one counter about a month ago. So far, it's held up great and looks nice.

5. wisejimmy

wisejimmy New Member

is it a heavy product or shelf paper? im thinking prep is huge on long term. drum wrap may be better for long term

6. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

From the second link that MrsSquid posted:

I don't think I'd be inclined to stick anything on my coutnertops; I'd replace them with new countertops if I didn't like them.

7. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

Orchid posted on this awhile ago:

I've got the stuff she bough book marked, this might be a spring project for me:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00755DY0Q/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=31I4GFP77IMDD&coliid=I1CUQD4KT8OT9R

8. 91Starcraft

91Starcraft Member

Make sure the one you choose is PVC contact paper. It is WAY better than the others and will last longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk