I've been trying to do something with the table in our camper for over a month now. It's was so unreasonably ugly. My DH has offered quite a few times to just make me a new one. I was determined to something to make this one look good. It's particleboard (of course) with some kind of laminate stuck to it. Nothing I did would make it take paint or finishes. The "before" photo had 3 coats of spray paint, 3 or 4 coats of lacquer, and then I tried 2 coats of polyurethane. It looked like I just stood back at randomly threw the paint and sealant at it. In reality, it was carefully and evenly done. Anyway, decided to try to this contact paper type stuff before throwing in the towel. It turned out fantastic! Very forgiving stuff. Doesn't even show where it was overlapped, and was super easy to work with. It's made for counter tops and was around $10 roll on Amazon. I love the way it turned out and will likely do my camper counter tops with it at a later date.