Pennsylvania State Forest Boondocking New For 2016

Discussion in 'Boondocking' started by PaThacker, Oct 18, 2016.

1. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

Traffic goes by on weekends. Ranger checks on us, plenty of cabins near it and colleges doing environmental science projects.

2. Roamer22

Roamer22 New Member

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I was hoping someone could tell me a free place I could park my van. Somewhat close to Philadelphia. With a nice scenery. Thank you

3. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

Contact PA DCNR to get a permit. No squatting or abusing public lands allowed.

4. Crabbypatty

Crabbypatty New Member

5. Crabbypatty

Crabbypatty New Member

I was just up Greenland Road they timbered most of the trees. The sites and roads have been improved also.

6. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

They've been timbering the area for some years and the areas they first started in are looking good for both small game and deer seasons. Our estate just had a company come in and only take the biggest trees out back and I'm surprised how open it now looks. I get up at least once a year and talk to my brother who lives on the estate almost every week or so to keep abreast of what's happening.

If you drove up Greenland road you drove right through the inside edge of our property. I miss it much of the year but things like my DD's karate class would be an easy 30 - 40 min drive in good weather where now it's less than 5 in bad down here in FL. I have so many fond memories of living up there and I take the family back whenever I get the chance.