People walking through your campsite?

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by Rkcampers, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Nicole721

Nicole721 Member

This just happened to us last week. Our site had a paved trail to the bathhouse because the site next to us was disability site so I'm assuming for a possible wheelchair. But it wasn't right near the road for people to easily see, yet they'd come right into our site and use the trail. It was right next to the picnic table. We don't eat outside and we noticed the traffic mostly at night when we were in the pup playing cards. DH was aggravated and wanted to say something, I told him don't bother as it really wasn't bothering us. He said as a child when people would cut through their site, he'd get on his bike and go ride it right around their campground and when people would ask what he was doing he asked if they liked him in their site like they were in his. I asked what his parents said and he said they didn't know he did that.

HappyTraveler and WVhillbilly like this.
  2. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Unless your site was the accessible site, then that paved path is really free game. I always check campground maps to see where bathrooms and trailheads are located in comparison to sites. With one or two exceptions, I select a site away from both of those because they both will increase foot traffic in and near your site.

Natureangel likes this.