PHILLIPS SMART TV 24-inch

Discussion in 'Campsite Electronics' started by roybraddy, Oct 26, 2018.

1. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

I recently picked up a couple of these 24-inch SMART MODE TV's from WALMART on sale to use around my Radio Console and Computer setup here in my RADIO ROOM at the house. These are little jewels for less than $100... Got on sale for $88 i think it was... These are the PHILLIPS 3000 Series model 24PFL 3603/F7 and has 1366 x 768 pixils...

My 24-inch DELLS are at the end of their life and these replace them great. Has multiple inputs being AV1, two HDMI ports, Audio Output ports, BUILT-IN Speaker that sounds great, USB Port, TYPE F External Antenna port for use with built-in ATSC/NTSC Tuner.

Being SMART MODE this can use the various TV modes like NETFLIX-AMAZON-SLING-VUDU-ROKU etc...

Its all CLCIK CLICK CLICK haha...

Power requirements is 120VAC 50/60Hz and is rated at 40 WATTS...

It works great off my house UPS SETUP that has PSW 1500 Watt Power Inverter being used and have run it from my 2KW Honda generator with no display screen problems.

I haven't tried these yet in my POPUP TRAILER but see no reason why they will not work just like they do here in my Radio Room... Lots of ports to play with camping off grid and sure like the idea they have the external TYPE F AIR Antenna port. Should work great with my portable BAT-WING antenna setup on my off-road camper.

Here in my Radio Room I use for DUAl 24-inch monitor off my main computer ops and comes on great every time being used as DUAL MONITORS using the HDMI ports.

Then I can feed the second HDMI port with CABLE TV with a push of a button on the Monitor Remote Control Unit. Have also feed the ANT PORT with AIR TV coming in from my roof mounted AIR Antenna. My AIR ANTENNA also has a PRE-AMP feeding it using 12VDC going up the coaxial line just like being used in the Camping trailer. Picks up many channels here at my location sitting between Washington DC and Richmond VA which are around 50 miles away... Being hooked up to the internet I can play with all kinds of things to watch over them using the HDMI ports...

This next camping season I will take one along with me to see if I can all the same things I am doing here in my RADIO ROOM for computer ops etc... I have been carrying along a couple of DELL heavy monitors mounted to a plyboard section for setting in the one unused Tent bed end just behind my wrap around setting... These monitors are very lite-weight so that is another plus.

Already have played with this Phillips monitor and my LAPTOP out in my back-yard setup running off 120VAC drop cord running to the house with no issues...

[​IMG]

Think this is going to be keeper for me and will support my RADIO COMMS when off-road in my camper setup...

Price is certainly right haha...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

Sjm9911 likes this.
  2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Nice looking TV's and a good price too I may bop on down t Wally World and pick one up to keep for a TT or guest bed room spare ., Roy you lost me after the first sentence :) about all the other advantages :) Thanks for sharing the info

3. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

That is a lot of good stuff for 88.00

4. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Roy - I am on the Internet alot here at the house on my Ham Radio Nets and Emerg Comms and use my laptop alot supporting this.. I have one of those DELL DOCKING STATION boxes D3100 that you can run HDMI cables from it to two external Monitors. It also has some USB ports on the front that gets used for remote Keyboard etc... The D3100 runs off my high speed 3.0 USB port on my laptop which will support up to three external monitors. two on HDMI ports and one more on a standard monitor port. So with the LAPTOP I could have four monitors going at same time (one being the LAPTOP Monitor) = each showing something different at the same time... Right now i just open the LAPTOP to press the ON button and then use the two external 24-inch monitors to login and view things... I also have a remote wireless mouse plugged into one of the USB ports of the DELL LAPTOP... Once I hit the ON button I close the LAPTOP lid and it just sets in the corner of the desk running sitting on a fan tray...

Recently a neighbor lady gave me a couple of older WIN 7 laptops that she had there for grandkids to play with and they had busted both monitor screens so she picked up two more new laptops off QVC... Since i don't use the laptop screens here they work great for something like this setup haha... I got both of them running WIN10 now... Both of them had the 3.0 USB ports on them so that was neat...

[​IMG]
    I have been using two of those DELL high dollar 24-inch monitors and one of them finally bit the dust. The other on has color problems... So i replaced them with two of these PHILLIP 24-inch SMART TV Monitors... Works like a champ as Computer Monitors... Then as an added feature each one is also a HDTV set with built-in standard TV tuner...

Makes for a nice looking console setup in the house haha... If I load in a very large photo it can show the whole photo across two 24-inch screens which is interesting... My mouse can run across both screens starting on the left hehe...

Just more toys to play with hehe... No wonder I can't see to drive at night any more...

Oh I forgot to add I saw the PHILLIPS 24-inch monitor in WALMART here a couple of days ago on sale for $88 again but it wasn't the 3000 series... I didn't look at the model number but looks the same as what I have... They had the 3000 series with the other HDTV sets on display and it was just over $100... So look around what they might have out for sale... They always have a bunch of HDTV sitting in the aisles for sale here at our local WALMART store...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018