Philly RV Show, i got a little cRaZy and...

Discussion in 'RV Shows' started by JeepMama, Mar 1, 2014.

1. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

I was ready to buy a new camper... I had the sales guy quoting our trade in value, throwing in a 4 bike rack, a bracket for a flat screen and 2 30lb propane tanks. This camper was a base model but had a very spacious bathroom and lots of floor space with a deep slide.

Poor Jeepin Dad... he was trying his best to hold me back. I wanted to take delivery before we go to Fort Wilderness in less than three weeks. I had our kids all excited. Eventually I had to give up because Jeepin Dad is the only one of the two of us who actually has income AND he wasn't going to give in.

This was midway thru the show... after we walked some more and I saw better appointed campers at the same price... but none with that spacious bathroom! I loved that... and the floor space.

Lynx Prowler 27 foot

2. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Yeah those RV shows are bad for you. Be glad you had the voice of reason with you. You wouldn't have been happy if you pulled the trigger, and then saw the others you spoke of. I didn't get to the Philly one, but am going to the York show this Friday.

3. Jeepin Dad

Jeepin Dad New Member

The Prowler was an entry level camper and I don't think it had the build quality of our current camper and we would have given up a lot of storage, which I wasn't willing to do.

There was one other, a Coachman Apex, there that we both liked but the dealer wasn't willing to negotiate on the price. If they had been it would have been a lot harder to say no. We were thinking of heading over to York but not so sure now, I really don't want to end up with a new camper. :)

4. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

Those RV shows are fun to go to but dang! They can be dangerous to the pocket book! LOL!

I know we went to a couple of shows in Jan and Feb. And almost bought 2 different campers. Until my heart took over and said dont do it. And so glad we didnt. Because we came home thought about it and found the one we really wanted and went the next week and bought it.

So do some soul searching and really think about it before you do it. RV shows seem to suck you in thinking your getting a great deal. And some really are. But you can get a great deal at the dealer as well, you just have to be willing to haggle. My hubby isn't like that. So its my job to do it. So we got our new TT for almost $10K under the MSRP and it has every available option it could come with. So really got it for the base model price.

So do you homework, check all available trailers at other local dealers for the model your looking for. Know what they are selling them for with what options. This will help you and give you buying power. Like " I know I can go ____ and get the same one for this amount". Usually they will match or beat it just to get your business.

Sharon

5. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

We're not buying a new one... Really I just got caught up in the crazyness. We haven't even had our current camper for a full year yet. Plus we are much happier without monthly payments. We paid cash for the popup and cash for the current camper/tow vehicle combo. That leaves us lots of monthly income to spend on our camping adventures [:D]