Photobucket

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Old_Geezer, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever had an entire album and all pictures in it on photobucket just disappear? The album in which I had pictures stored that were linked to recent posts is gone, and so are the pictures in it. Previously the links to pictures for many past posts somehow became broken. Photobucket never did give me a reason for that other than an "I don't know".

I guess time to delete that account and find something else.

2. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Sure do miss the old Webshots. I had over 120 camping related albums, and knew where any particular picture I wanted to post, was at in Webshots. I have Photobucket too, but for lack of a better option.

3. teejaywhy

teejaywhy Active Member

You get what you pay for I guess.

4. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Actually, Photo Bucket put out an email months ago saying they were changing their format and you had 'this much time' to either remove your photos (download them), or they will go POOF!

You went POOF! [!]

I hated to remove my pics because now everything I ever posted will have that annoying square with a broken lighting bolt in it. But I wanted to make sure I got my photos back in case I had accidentally deleted something off my computer.

[:D]

5. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

Always have and always will keep my pics on Google's servers...rock solid, never changing.

6. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

That might be my next direction too, Dave. I'm still working on phone security at this point. It THAT thing went POOF, I'd be a useless, fluffy, camper. [:(]

[:D]

7. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Active Member

Oh you have got to be KIDDING ME!
    I too lost over 1500 pics when Webshots went belly up so I started using Photobucket.
    Now if THAT goes I am screwed! My hard drive recently crashed and I lost EVERYTHING here at home. Only pics I have left were the ones hosted on Photobucket. [:(!]

8. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

That's why we started using an online back up service. In case of a hard drive crash. Have all pictures on my computer. Only have some in photo bucket because of website hosting requirements. Will have lots of dead links which stinks. Feel bad for folks like you though that may have had your pictures there. Hope you get them all off.

9. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

Well, when I say this I refer only to the few pics that I need to have on line in order to post in forums like this. I would not trust all our life pictures to anyone's server. All of our home/life pictures store on the house NAS drive that backs itself up to another at my office. So if one or the other building burns down, we never loose our files.

10. Bullfrog Bheer

Bullfrog Bheer Active Member

I don't recall that email. Last time I logged into Photo Bucket, all my pics were there, I think.