Pickwick Landing State Park

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by cham5, Jul 20, 2016.

1. cham5

cham5 Member

I just returned from 7 days and 6 nights at Pickwick Landing SP. It is a pretty nice park with a golf course, tennis, volleyball, frisbee golf and numerous swimming areas and picnic pavillions. It is also a resort type of property with hotel and marina. I mainly stayed in the campground area. The campground was nice enough. Most sites would easily accomodate a popup or TT but most did have a slight incline so make sure to chock your wheels. Also, most sites had a concrete curb that you could back up against. The campground does show a little bit of age but nothing major. The bath house was not spotless but was acceptable. Water pressure was quite low in the showers but was good on the campsites. Not sure why. Plenty of shade at this campground. Picnic tables, grills and fire rings on each site. It is patrolled regularly (almost hourly) by the ranger. Nice hiking trails and plenty of fishing. Huge boatramp (4 wide) and tons of parking. One negative that I had was there is a papermill within a mile or so and it runs 24x7. There is an almost constant low rumble from it and if the wind is blowing from that direction it is louder and also smelly (pulp mill). They also have boat rentals but they are pricey. Overall, we had a very nice trip. It was hot but we did enjoy ourselves.

2. ST Dog

ST Dog Member

It's not bad now. You should have been there in the 80s when the paper mill was smelly.
    Often we could smell it at the house, ~20 miles north.