Pics of our new camper and homemade PUGS

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by cfmx, Apr 27, 2014.

1. cfmx

cfmx New Member

Our second camping trip. 400 miles round trip went really well other than loosing our brake lens cap on the way home. [?:~{] We averaged about 11 MPG during the trip.

Tomoka State Park (FL) (This state park was great. I would say 80% of the 97 sites were tents and PUPs. Never seen so many PUPs without a rally. )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love the LED lights under the awning!!!
    Our dogs love camping as much as we do. They did great in the camper and during the long travel. :)

[​IMG]

I made these PUGs from Grabber Thermal Blankets from Walmart. It took 6 total. Cut and sewed them for each bunk. Used the soft side of sticky velcro up under the lip of the bunk close to the canvas. (It saved our bunk ends from a mess this weekend. The squirrels were having a party in the tree above us.) Makes the bunks dark and keeps them cool.

[​IMG]

2. cssweeney

cssweeney Member

Looks really nice. Love those homemade PUGS. they are huge and cover the whole bunkend. Very nice

3. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Nice hybrid! Pugs look good.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

4. Milktrk

Milktrk New Member

Like the homemade PUGs will have to keep that in mind!

5. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Nice rig and nice pictures! Did you install the awning LEDs? If so, can you share what brand/model they are, and where you got them? What are the homemade PUGs, the survival blankets sewn together? Nice job!

6. bikendan

bikendan Active Member

the awning LED's are stock from the factory.

yes, the PUG's(Popup Gizmos) are what cfmx copied by sewing the generic solar/sportsmen/all-weather blankets together.

PUGs have an ad on this website's home page all the time.

7. rob2218

rob2218 New Member

please..........someone......enlighten me..........what the heck is a PUG!?.....besides a doggie.

grampabill likes this.
  8. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

PUG= PopUpGizmo = http://www.popupportal.com/mysimpleads/mysa_redir.php?a_id=19&t=1&c=0

bikeendan: Do you have any literature from the factory to know what manufacturer that is? How is it controled? looking to add this to our 2012 Keystone, but don't want to be replacing it in a few months! Interested to know the specs on how much it draws as well, as we always camp without hookups, but have a grp 24 and grp 27 on board.

9. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

10. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

If you are interested, try and click on the link I posted, or banner ad, rather than go direct to their site.. This helps give credit to PUP, and any lead revenue as well.

We had looked into a set a few years ago, and ended up doing the homemade ones. The official ones are better, but we never found that we took the time to install them anyways, so it was a moot point.

But, I digress!

11. bikendan

bikendan Active Member

Popup Gizmos have been around for many years, originally for popups and their ads can be seen on every popup forum i've seen and they are discussed nearly every day, on popup and hybrid forums.
    they are discussed so much, that's why the term "PUGs" was created, so you don't have to type out the whole name.

12. cfmx

cfmx New Member

We had the original PUGs for our two popups. Even w/ the original PUGs I extended the sides like I did on mine for the hybrid. When I wanted the sides open on the PUP I would just roll the sides up and the bungee holds it in place.
    I will agree PUGs are a great product and the customer service is awesome!!!
    The reason I decided to make my own was because I wanted it to fit exactly like I wanted. And w/ the bed ends being different sizes I could accommodate for it. It is made out of the same exact material as the PUGs. The cost to make them the way I did was a little less BUT you also have to factor in the time to cut them out to size and sewing them together. There is time involved.
    I had several people ask me about my covers this past trip and I referred all of them to Popup Gizmos website. I would recommend them to every hybrid/popup owner out there. We put them on no matter what the weather. They have always kept our canvas looking new!!!!